MLB Winter Meetings Thread

Orlando

1 minute ago, fathom said:

So Joel Sherman suggests it would take Clint Frazier and Luke Voit to get Lynn and Gallo.  I’m sure Rangers would rather have Cease and filler

Yeah but Joel Sherman is either clueless or he's just reporting whatever delusional ask the Rangers are making.

The Rangers can have Domingo Santana the 3B and then one of their several back end starters plus a couple interesting lower minors types.  They're not getting Frazier + Voit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

So Joel Sherman suggests it would take Clint Frazier and Luke Voit to get Lynn and Gallo.  I’m sure Rangers would rather have Cease and filler

I feel like I may be missing something obvious here but do yanks need an outfielder?

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I feel like I may be missing something obvious here but do yanks need an outfielder?

Yeah Stanton is going to DH permanently. 

Young and Daniels can have fun when they get nothing for Lynn and Gallo. They're on crack. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Hey guys BTW dont you remember what this position the Rangers are in is like?  We've lived through this a lit.  You're not getting Kopechs or Giolitos from other teans unless you are giving up Sales Eatons and Quintanas on their deals.  For short term control and flawed regulars, you dont get the moon.  We know this already.  Been there done that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Yeah but Joel Sherman is either clueless or he's just reporting whatever delusional ask the Rangers are making.

The Rangers can have Domingo Santana the 3B and then one of their several back end starters plus a couple interesting lower minors types.  They're not getting Frazier + Voit.

Rangers are delusional....everyone said so at the deadline. If they’re including Gallo, the price will be insane. Do you really think they want to open their new stadium (with fans) having a horrible team with no marketable studs. Gallo is the face of that franchise now.

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Hey guys BTW dont you remember what this position the Rangers are in is like?  We've lived through this a lit.  You're not getting Kopechs or Giolitos from other teans unless you are giving up Sales Eatons and Quintanas on their deals.  For short term control and flawed regulars, you dont get the moon.  We know this already.  Been there done that.

Someone like Snell? I'd expect to cost 70% of Sale. 

But thanks for being reasonable in this sea of madness. 

One winning season and everyone wants to trade the farm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Rangers are delusional....everyone said so at the deadline. If they’re including Gallo, the price will be insane. Do you really think they want to open their new stadium (with fans) having a horrible team with no marketable studs. Gallo is the face of that franchise now.

Lynn and Gallo are the only players they have anywhere in the org. They're in about as bad of shape as one can be. I have no idea how Daniels still has a job.

I think they don't want to move either guy to be honest. I think they're content picking 1st the next 3-4 years.  

I think the 111 loss Astros or whatever ridiculousness they did in 2013 had more talent than the 2021 Rangers at this time. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Hopefully he scratched out the eyes of that dickwad Yankees fan that kept insisting Machado was going to NY forever.  He was the Yankees NotCishek.  Whatever his name was.

You’re talking about that Orioles blogger from Australia right?  That dude was the king of douches.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re talking about that Orioles blogger from Australia right?  That dude was the king of douches.

Probably.  I thought he was a Yanks fan but a douche nonetheless.

I think this is where the first reneging on a ban bet example came from.  Started a trend maybe.

Edited by YourWhatHurts

5 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I'd hate it.  I feel like we'd have just bombed a big portion of our SP prospects.  If we did this OR Lynn, fine.  I really don't want to trade for TWO SP.. One of which has very little track record.

Yeah I'd rather just sign Paxton, Kluber, or Richards and then seeing if Q is interested in a long relief/spot starter role for when one of those guys inevitably goes down.

1. Giolito

2. Keuchel

3. Lynn

4. Paxton/Kluber/Richards

5. Cease

Kopech to come up when he is ready for Cease if he is struggling or to replace someone who is injured.

Quintana long-relief/spot starter.

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I'd hate it.  I feel like we'd have just bombed a big portion of our SP prospects.  If we did this OR Lynn, fine.  I really don't want to trade for TWO SP.. One of which has very little track record.

I wouldn’t like it as well. Musgrove has potential but I think we should now concentrate on free agency.