Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Because he’s not good and they’re frustrated he couldn’t take what they were working on with him into his at bats. Again, why do people not follow Stoney and his opinion more closely?  Not saying he’s right, but he clearly echoes what the front office is thinking.

Sounds like they're going to be running Engel out there next year. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Because he’s not good and they’re frustrated he couldn’t take what they were working on with him into his at bats. Again, why do people not follow Stoney and his opinion more closely?  Not saying he’s right, but he clearly echoes what the front office is thinking.

It’s because some people don’t care to listen. Stoney also said they are looking for a RF who bats lefty. 

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ok, shoot. Name some guys that won't be expensive and are likely to not completely suck. 

They will be expensive salary or trade wise if you want an upgrade.  If they don’t sign Joc, I would be surprised if we don’t hear about Calhoun via trade.  There are guys like Santander or Reynolds who could be longer term fits but would cost you via trade.  

Just now, fathom said:

They will be expensive salary or trade wise if you want an upgrade.  If they don’t sign Joc, I would be surprised if we don’t hear about Calhoun via trade.  There are guys like Santander or Reynolds who could be longer term fits but would cost you via trade.  

Reynolds was awful last year. 

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

He said it about 10 times over the last 6 months

Idk how I missed it. I follow Stone on twitter too. I had no idea the Sox were frustrated with him. 

EDIT: went back to the start of the season on Stone's twitter and saw nothing of the sort. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Idk how I missed it. I follow Stone on twitter too. I had no idea the Sox were frustrated with him. 

EDIT: went back to the start of the season on Stone's twitter and saw nothing of the sort. 

You mean like him making fun of him for one homer all year?  There are plenty like this

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevestone/status/1334366829964222464

35 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Come on jack.  Jfc

I'm failing to see the options beyond Pederson and Calhoun, if it's true that Nimmo/Conforto/Gallo aren't available. 

What teams have an MLB ready top 30 OF that bats L or S that also have a huge hole at 1B? 

Bleday would look pretty good rn. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

With the news of DH likely not being universal in 2021, Schwarber just lost leverage. Dude is already in Chicago, get him for a cheap 1 year prove it deal. Get Joc in RF. I like this better than Springer now. Just better be a TOR pitcher to go with. Shit, with what Joc and Schwarber would cost, the team could sign Bauer and still trade for Lynn and his 1 year 8 mill remaining.

6 minutes ago, Pal said:

With the news of DH likely not being universal in 2021, Schwarber just lost leverage. Dude is already in Chicago, get him for a cheap 1 year prove it deal. Get Joc in RF. I like this better than Springer now. Just better be a TOR pitcher to go with. Shit, with what Joc and Schwarber would cost, the team could sign Bauer and still trade for Lynn and his 1 year 8 mill remaining.

If Vaughn is called up in April or May, where does that leave Schwarber? How does he prove himself to get a big payday?

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Which of former Cy Young winner Dallas Keuchel and arguably-best-catcher-in-baseball Yasmani Grandal are "garbage"?

I'm referring mainly to EE and Gio. Admittedly I blanked on Dallas. 

I still stand by my point. We "offered" huge money to Machado and Wheeler. Neither of them accepted. Obviously there's still plenty left in the budget, lol.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

If Vaughn is called up in April or May, where does that leave Schwarber? How does he prove himself to get a big payday?

The only way you sign Schwarber is to play him everyday in RF/DH.  He will find full time jobs somewhere.. I personally don't hate it, but I like homers LOL

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah thats the problem. Otherwise I'd be thrilled with Pederson and Schwarber in a division full of righties, but I don't think he will sign here since Vaughn could eventually significantly cut into his opportunities to rebuild his value and the agent isn't gonna want to mess with that.

If reports were true that they gave offered 5/$125M to Wheeler last offseason, I don’t see how Springer or Bauer are out of our price range. Maybe Sox are trying to be on the conservative side with it being midst of a pandemic, but I don’t buy the narrative that we don’t offer 9 figure contracts.

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm failing to see the options beyond Pederson and Calhoun, if it's true that Nimmo/Conforto/Gallo aren't available. 

What teams have an MLB ready top 30 OF that bats L or S that also have a huge hole at 1B? 

Bleday would look pretty good rn. 

I'm failing to see how missing out on Springer who the Sox haven't even missed out on yet, means by default Engel starts.  Maybe you should just calm the fuck down and get out the jump to conclusions foot mat and jump to a different spot 

• Like 1

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

If reports were true that they gave offered 5/$125M to Wheeler last offseason, I don’t see how Springer or Bauer are out of our price range. Maybe Sox are trying to be on the conservative side with it being midst of a pandemic, but I don’t buy the narrative that we don’t offer 9 figure contracts.

Some of that Wheeler money went to DK. 

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don't think Vaughn starts season with team. I also have a hard time believing he'll be fast tracked AND succeed without ever playing above A ball. Let him get his feet wet. Spell Abreu. Always DH vs lefties. Let him adapt for a year, and if he forces the issue, awesome. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah thats the problem. Otherwise I'd be thrilled with Pederson and Schwarber in a division full of righties, but I don't think he will sign here since Vaughn could eventually significantly cut into his opportunities to rebuild his value and the agent isn't gonna want to mess with that.

They only way you sign him is if you are trading Vaughn for an elite #1 arm. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Every guy you listed except for Joc, sucks.