Baseball America unveils White Sox Top 10

Sleepy Harold

26 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

The Crochet comps in here made me very giddy lol. 

I am here for them...

But also BA friggen loves college pitchers lol. They always rank like 10 of them int heir top 100 right out of the draft, but yeah they've started to revise their rankings of pitchers.

Other good stuff, and I know this is somewhat speculation from them (since I believe getz said he was less concerned with correct placement than playing time next year) but they talked about a Kannapolis rotation of Dalquist, Thompson and Kelley, and yeah, that is going to be a fun rotation to follow.

The Pod has some interesting stuff in it.

-The Crochet stuff was wild to listen to, and backed up what we all saw in the eye test when pitched.

-What was most interesting for me is when the question was asked about is there a severe drop off after the first five players (Vaughn/Kopech/Crochet/Madrigal/Kelly), he actually made the statement that the dropoff happens after the top 8 which includes Dalquist, Thompson, and Stiever.  Was a lot of really good things said about both Dalquist and Thompson, including the stuff of Dalquist and the athleticism of Thompson.

-Was also another big mention of the impression that the Cuban 3B Ramos was making.  Really got a big mention as a kid who could have been a top 10 guy with a MiLB season next year, and could be a top 10 after this season.

-Also gave some love to Sheets for his bat, and really excited that a move to the corner OFs could unblock him.  Seemed to be big believers in his hitability.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Other good stuff, and I know this is somewhat speculation from them (since I believe getz said he was less concerned with correct placement than playing time next year) but they talked about a Kannapolis rotation of Dalquist, Thompson and Kelley, and yeah, that is going to be a fun rotation to follow.

I’m hoping Norge Vera goes there too 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Pod has some interesting stuff in it.

-The Crochet stuff was wild to listen to, and backed up what we all saw in the eye test when pitched.

-What was most interesting for me is when the question was asked about is there a severe drop off after the first five players (Vaughn/Kopech/Crochet/Madrigal/Kelly), he actually made the statement that the dropoff happens after the top 8 which includes Dalquist, Thompson, and Stiever.  Was a lot of really good things said about both Dalquist and Thompson, including the stuff of Dalquist and the athleticism of Thompson.

-Was also another big mention of the impression that the Cuban 3B Ramos was making.  Really got a big mention as a kid who could have been a top 10 guy with a MiLB season next year, and could be a top 10 after this season.

-Also gave some love to Sheets for his bat, and really excited that a move to the corner OFs could unblock him.  Seemed to be big believers in his hitability.

I'd say the only sad stuff was their notes on how a lot of the guys this board is excited about (the younger position players that were in AZL/Bailey) were likely set back in a way that Thompson/DAlquist were fortunate to not be with their inclusion in schaumburg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'd say the only sad stuff was their notes on how a lot of the guys this board is excited about (the younger position players that were in AZL/Bailey) were likely set back in a way that Thompson/DAlquist were fortunate to not be with their inclusion in schaumburg

Accurate.  I would say though that it sounded like a theme in every system by the way that they talked about it.