Rumor: Sox discussing deal with Cubs/Rangers

Whisox05

2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

People are asking these guys to spill the beans but nobody is spilling them. Until something actually happens I’m not buying any of this. 

That's because they are frauds. I believe a few of them have minor contacts that gave them info, but for the most part they are throwing you know what at a wall. 

Edited by SonofaRoache
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not an insider or anything but have been texted once Saturday and once today that the Sox are seriously discussing a deal for Darvish and Heyward. Again, don't know any insider, but this person is pretty good a filtering through bullshit and this is all I've heard from them since the middle of the season. Now I see what Cishek is saying. Whatever....take it easy on me!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pal said:

Not an insider or anything but have been texted once Saturday and once today that the Sox are seriously discussing a deal for Darvish and Heyward. Again, don't know any insider, but this person is pretty good a filtering through bullshit and this is all I've heard from them since the middle of the season. Now I see what Cishek is saying. Whatever....take it easy on me!

You are our new insider. You will be treated like a god until you deliver news we don’t want to hear.

• Haha 8
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Pal said:

NSC and the Portillo's account both seem to have been hinting at something like this over the past few days, including through since deleted tweets. I would like this trade assuming the big money owed to them both means we aren't giving up any super valuable prospects

• Like 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

NSC and the Portillo's account both seem to have been hinting at something like this over the past few days, including through since deleted tweets. I would like this trade assuming the big money owed to them both means we aren't giving up any super valuable prospects

They have been deleted tweets?

Opened this thread excited something might be happening, instead I see a Not Steve Cishek tweet. My goodness.

I'm fine with these guys wrong and pointless tweets starting discussions in other threads if people like it, but starting a thread based on their intel just feels like a bit much.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I would take on Heyward's contract if it meant Darvish at very little cost in general.

Maybe a Bryce Bush/Stiever package for those two. I think the Cubs are more inclined to shed Heyward and Darvish without demanding much than they are to do that with Bryant.

I don't think that happens, but that would explain the Sox willing to spend but maybe not liking any FA's this off-season.

This is all completely ludicrous and will not happen though.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Ok why Bryant ? With boras as an agent why bring him in and to play what rf? No maybe it’s a three way trade with Bryant going to Texas. Or maybe it’s about darvish, will wait a bit but Bryant makes little sense at 20 million with one year left . Heyward has way too much left on the contract and is getting old. Sorry I am rambling but makes little sense . 

• Quin locked this topic