Rumor: Sox discussing deal with Cubs/Rangers

Whisox05

3 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Darvish has 3/$59 left according to Baseball-Reference - $22M, $19M, & $18M.  His age might deter but he won't be lacking for suitors if he is on the market. 

It all depends on how reasonable the Cubs are in their ask. I get that you start high in negotiations because you never know who will say yes to what, but some of you guys are on Uranus with your prices. 

• Like 1

To me the lack of commitment in a walk year is actually the attractive part of acquiring Bryant, providing they are unloading him for secondary prospects. Sox can afford to take on an extra 20 million for one year compared to projected payroll in '22 and '23, Sox are at about a 20-25 million lower starting point in '21 than those years. Then give him a QO after he reverts to .900+ OPS form, let him walk, and reload in RF in '21. Reap the reward of a player motivated heading into FA and move on. Considering after Springer there is no one close to that potential production, may be better off finding a longer term solution next year anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vulture said:

To me the lack of commitment in a walk year is actually the attractive part of acquiring Bryant, providing they are unloading him for secondary prospects. Sox can afford to take on an extra 20 million for one year compared to projected payroll in '22 and '23, Sox are at about a 20-25 million lower starting point in '21 than those years. Then give him a QO after he reverts to .900+ OPS form, let him walk, and reload in RF in '21. Reap the reward of a player motivated heading into FA and move on. Considering after Springer there is no one close to that potential production, may be better off finding a longer term solution next year anyway.

Play him where ?

Yeah i definitely dont like the idea of Bryant in RF

I think Bryant is a great fit for the Nats.  Im wondering if they would give up Robles (to us) in a Bryant deal where we give them a pitcher.  They wont do Robles straight up fir Bryant.  But if our staff thinks they can develop Robles then thats basically a lot like if Basabe wasnt a bust.

6 minutes ago, Pal said:

Update...Dunning going North, Cubs eating portion of Heyward $$$. Dude is convinced it's going down. Again, be gentle.

Please change your name to something pop cultural + graphic we will be embarrassed to repeat to others

• Like 2

I have no idea if Darvish is really on the market. But I've said before, I'd probably rather check in on Kyle Hendricks. He is World Series tested and Jerry would love his contract.

Who says no...Kopech + 2 midlevel prospects for Hendricks and Bryant?

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Please change your name to something pop cultural + graphic we will be embarrassed to repeat to others

Haha don't lump me in with those strokes. I don't know shit. Kinds trust this person (I barely know, through a buddy). Good chance it's all bullshit, but thought I'd throw it out after Ciscek, who I kinda buy. Maybe I'm a total schmuck.

• Haha 1

• Quin locked this topic