Rumor: Sox discussing deal with Cubs/Rangers

Whisox05

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

I’m serious. Phil wrote an article about the Sox landing Snell. Then Al’s beef started posting about it.  They don’t follow each other. Nor does Phil follow the Jacob Larson guy. They also are active at the same times. It’s a theory I have.

C213FAD3-1D09-4D69-AE38-7B04B963CECB.jpeg

Eh that’s weak. He could just be following hash tags.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

For all the cubs talk here, I realized a lot of posters stopped paying attention to them in 2018.

Heyward isn’t a star. But he’s been better offensively and still pretty good in right, and RF in the grf  isn’t that hard.

Darvish has been an ace. And don’t tell me what a pitchers career is, tell me what they’ve done recently.

Heyward would have had 3rd highest fWAR of the Sox hitters 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You know you’re my guy fathom, but you are truly obsessed with the Cubs lol

Wouldn’t have even suggested Schwarber if it wasn’t for Nightengale today. Also Wittenmyer sure seemed confident Q would be with the Sox.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

For all the cubs talk here, I realized a lot of posters stopped paying attention to them in 2018.

Heyward isn’t a star. But he’s been better offensively and still pretty good in right, and RF in the grf  isn’t that hard.

Darvish has been an ace. And don’t tell me what a pitchers career is, tell me what they’ve done recently.

And if the Cubs pay down a portion of Heyward’s contract, it may in fact become movable to some degree after the 2021 season.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m just messing around.  What did Nightengale say about Schwarber?

Jerry thinks that if he gets the Cub players he can draw their fans to the South Side when fans are allowed.  It's the only reason I think there's any validity whatsoever to this rumor. I wouldn't even give it credence if it wasn't for Kenny's BFF. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Jerry thinks that if he gets the Cub players he can draw their fans to the South Side when fans are allowed.  It's the only reason I think there's any validity whatsoever to this rumor. I wouldn't even give it credence if it wasn't for Kenny's BFF. 

Not sure Cubs fan are huge Heyward fans at this point in time, although they sure as shit loved that 8th inning miracle speech he gave in the World Series

• Quin locked this topic