Rumor: Sox discussing deal with Cubs/Rangers

Whisox05

6 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

The Darvish/Heyward deal was for Dunning. The Sox opted to go the Lynn + FA RF instead.

Well they are handcuffed by a cheap owner who loves his money and thinks he is taking it to the afterlife then.  Fucking stupid JR.  Darvish over a few years and Heyward in RF would of solidified this for a long time.  Darvish >>>>> Lynn.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'm not going to get worked up on random twitter people - but if Sox could have had Yu and Heyward for DD or Lance Lynn for DD...since It isn't my cash, I'll take Yu/Heyward all day and every day.  

Depends what they do with the rest of that money I suppose.

To the people that would rather pay all of Yu and Heyward's contracts are insane. Yu is mentally weak. Sure, he looked amazing last year, but give me the consistency and cost of Lynn anyday. Heyward is hot garbage. Sure, he is better than Mazara, but come on. The money saved with a Texas trade followed up by FA signings is so much more financially responsible and gives way more flexibility moving forward. I really liked Dunning, but this is a move teams with actual title aspirations make and I am ready for the ride.

11 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

To the people that would rather pay all of Yu and Heyward's contracts are insane. Yu is mentally weak. Sure, he looked amazing last year, but give me the consistency and cost of Lynn anyday. Heyward is hot garbage. Sure, he is better than Mazara, but come on. The money saved with a Texas trade followed up by FA signings is so much more financially responsible and gives way more flexibility moving forward. I really liked Dunning, but this is a move teams with actual title aspirations make and I am ready for the ride.

1 year sp for a young controllable for 6 yesrs arm doesn't bode well for me,bsd bad trade

I don’t think the Sox are done looking at the starting pitching trade market. I can still see a blockbuster take place that is centered around Kopech. Just a hunch. Adding Lynn is nice for 2021, but what about adding a front line starter for 2022 and 2023 as well? 
I personally thought Blake Snell would make perfect sense. I wonder if that is still on the table?

• Quin locked this topic