Rumor: Sox discussing deal with Cubs/Rangers

Whisox05

2 minutes ago, quickman said:

Again the original post does not have darvish in this . It’s dunning for heyward. This I stupid the guy abandon the thread and nobody even noticed 

In that case - even more confusing cause that makes literally zero sense.  

48 minutes ago, bmags said:

Can’t co sign here. I don’t think Bauer is better than darvish.

I can understand that. Yu has a significantly better track record, but he's also 4 years better. Bauer was ultra hype...didn't live up to it, but now (outside of his post-trade stint with the Reds - that first time) has put up monster years 2 of the last 3 years (2.21 ERA in 2018; 1.73 ERA in 2020).  That is just sick.  2019 was mixed - solid with Cleveland (but not special) and a train wreck with the Reds (no clue what happened there).  Bauer is also much younger and I feel hasn't peaked and could be to the point where you are looking at a 3-4 year window with just stellar ace type stat.  

Yu - Has had health issues, but clearly still knows how to pitch and has very good stuff (despite being older with quite a bit of mileage on that arm) and is also coming off a stellar 2020 season.  Lets be honest - both would be good problems to have for the Sox (and clear upgrades over anyone not named Giolito and arguably as good, if not better than Gio.  

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

You guys are going to have to talk me into this. I am not a fan of this trade. So this makes us better next season. What about the 4 seasons after that? Not to mention another pitching prospect? Yikes

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'm not going to get worked up on random twitter people - but if Sox could have had Yu and Heyward for DD or Lance Lynn for DD...since It isn't my cash, I'll take Yu/Heyward all day and every day.  

Zero chance of JR eating both those contracts 

Zero.

There's no way he would have agreed to that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'm not going to get worked up on random twitter people - but if Sox could have had Yu and Heyward for DD or Lance Lynn for DD...since It isn't my cash, I'll take Yu/Heyward all day and every day.  

Gaining Yu and Heyward would have greatly improved this club. Would have essentially been the only move they would of had to make this off-season (minus a BP piece). 

• Quin locked this topic