Rumor: Sox discussing deal with Cubs/Rangers

Whisox05

Just now, Pal said:

Haha don't lump me in with those strokes. I don't know shit. Kinds trust this person (I barely know, through a buddy). Good chance it's all bullshit, but thought I'd throw it out after Ciscek, who I kinda buy. Maybe I'm a total schmuck.

I’m just playing around. One time I heard from Curtis granderson that he was going to the yankees and then he was wrong and that was my moment of insider game.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Because the Sox shouldn’t have to give up Dunning even if they are only taking on part of Heyward’s contract. 

Darvish just had a near cy young year. This board way WAY overrated how much taking on money should get.

7 minutes ago, quickman said:

Why would it need to be more than dunning? Cubs shed some payroll Sox get a right fielder who can defend and cubs get a cheap pitcher  who can be middle rotation. 

He was talking Darvish/Heyward and cash not just Heyward.

Edited by Vulture

2 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Are we ACTUALLY ok with Jason Heyward as the starting RF? And Yu Darvish was pretty bad up til last season. I just can’t get hyped about this move.

Outside of his first season and a half with the Cubs Darvish has been at least a strong #2 with ace like stretches. 

Darvish has been light years better than Bauer over the course of his career. It's not even close. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 3

• Quin locked this topic