Jump to content
Whisox05

Rumor: Sox discussing deal with Cubs/Rangers

Recommended Posts

Just now, fathom said:

Heyward is the great defensive RF who can hit RHP they seek. His contract is awful but it offsets the price for Yu.

If it offsets the price then the Sox shouldn’t have to give up Dunning. That’s my point. They can have Stiever and a couple other filler pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pal said:

Update...Dunning going North, Cubs eating portion of Heyward $$$. Dude is convinced it's going down. Again, be gentle.

Yep, this is exactly the deal of nightmares.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

If it offsets the price then the Sox shouldn’t have to give up Dunning. That’s my point. They can have Stiever and a couple other filler pieces.

They're probably eating at least half of Heyward's contract to get Dunning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

He was talking Darvish/Heyward and cash not just Heyward.

Really, where did the rumor guy say darvish ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Outside of his first season and a half with the Cubs Darvish has been at least a strong #2 with ace like stretches. 

I just don’t think Darvish is worth taking on Heyward’s contract too, then it truly limits you’re future spending and you’re all in on Kopech and Vaughn turning out to be stars...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Everyone has 6 degrees of separation with Granderson.

This is the absolute truth. A great family friend is his cousin. They have a large, great family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Outside of his first season and a half with the Cubs Darvish has been at least a strong #2 with ace like stretches. 

Darvish has been light years better than Bauer over the course of his career. It's not even close. 

Jack you know something. .....

You seem to be hinting that this may be going down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Jack you know something. .....

You seem to be hinting that this may be going down. 

I know nothing. Ask others. Apparently this deal has been floating around all day online. 

It makes too much sense, depending on how much money is being eaten on Heyward's deal by the Cubs. 

If the Sox are on the hook for only 27M of Heyward's deal that's huge. That's 9M/year for solid D in RF and whatever you get from him offensively is gravy. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yep, this is exactly the deal of nightmares.

Not so much dunning is a mid rotation guy unproven and we are stacked with young arms . If we ha g on to everyone we have no leverage. I would rather buy joc and keep my pitchers but it depends on what the cubs will eat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Loaded rotations win in the playoffs. If you can get Darvish cheap via taking Heyward (with Cubs eating $$$), and can also pull off a Lance Lynn deal, the Sox are stacked going in to 2021.

What would you be willing to give up for one year of lynn? I like your idea . I don't want to go all in either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Heyward would be an incredibly expensive strong side platoon option.

Heyward has 3/60 left. What if the Cubs are eating 33M and that's why they're getting Dunning? 

Pederson would be more expensive than $9M/yr 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a Jerry move to give up Dunning for Heyward because they’re eating more money than Jerry wants to take on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YourWhatHurts said:

Its also possible Pal is just fucking with us

Also how many degrees of separation am i from katy perrys bootyhole?  Please tell me.

We are all living inside her bootyhole, hence why 2020 has been absolute shit.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather sign a FA than trade for Lynn if we get Darvish.  Giolito Darvish Keuchel Quintana Cease for 2020 and then Kopech Stiever and Crochet battling for 1-2 spots in ST 2021.  Fuck yeah depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, quickman said:

Not so much dunning is a mid rotation guy unproven and we are stacked with young arms . If we ha g on to everyone we have no leverage. I would rather buy joc and keep my pitchers but it depends on what the cubs will eat 

We are pissing away our payroll flexibility and giving away a mid rotation starter to do it. We could sign Bauer and Peterson for the same dollars and keep Dunning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

Such a Jerry move to give up Dunning for Heyward because they’re eating more money than Jerry wants to take on. 

Y’all what? We’re giving up Dunning for Darvish. Instead of giving up more

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Heyward has 3/60 left. What if the Cubs are eating 33M and that's why they're getting Dunning? 9

Pederson would be more expensive than $9M/yr 

I actually think Pederson is the better player though in this case. Pederson at least carries a wRC+ over 100 (for the most part). Heywards beats him out in his defense, but that's about it. Even comparing their fWAR, Pederson has him beat. I think I'd take the HR potential of Pederson than Heywards speech-giving abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has dunning suddenly become a number 1 is he better than what we have coming up with prospects ? Keep perspective let’s not make dunning the next giolito. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, quickman said:

Has dunning suddenly become a number 1 is he better than what we have coming up with prospects ? Keep perspective let’s not make dunning the next giolito. 

He's not........I think Dunning's ceiling is a RHP Quintana from 2014-16. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

We are pissing away our payroll flexibility and giving away a mid rotation starter to do it. We could sign Bauer and Peterson for the same dollars and keep Dunning. 

Well at least joc. Depends what the cubs eat. Honestly it really does. They are desperate to rebuild and start over . Window for them is gone. Let’s see what plays out out it’s a rumor for now  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×