Sox acquire Lance Lynn for Dane Dunning and Avery Weems

KrankinSox

Just now, Steve9347 said:

Wow. Some of the takes in this thread are just unreal. Dane Dunning flashed potential. So what?

Lance Lynn is a bonafide ace who can throw 120 pitches every start. He’s the exact type of horse you bring in when you want to win a World Series. 

my only regret is they didn’t make this trade a few months ago because we’d have beaten the A’s. 

You make too much sense. Some here won't like it

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve9347 said:

Wow. Some of the takes in this thread are just unreal. Dane Dunning flashed potential. So what?

Lance Lynn is a bonafide ace who can throw 120 pitches every start. He’s the exact type of horse you bring in when you want to win a World Series. 

my only regret is they didn’t make this trade a few months ago because we’d have beaten the A’s. 

Agree 100%

Dunning is a nice piece but it's time to win a World Series. Lynn is huge for this rotation.

We kept our 'untouchables' and there is still plenty of offseason left to add to this roster.

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic
  • Quin unlocked this topic
2 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

.....and the Astros....and who knows?!?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Why’s that?

Mainly because he's a rental and will be 34 going into next year. One plus is he's pitching for his last contract.

I'm also just not a big fan of Lynn. He's a horse though and they needed one. 

Marquez, Darvish,  Snell and Gray had years and youth.

I absolutely hate trading a viable MLB asset for a one year rental. Next off season we're literally worse off with an owner who won't spend on pitching. Trying to plug a hole year after year this way just isn't a recipe for success.

• Like 5

• Quin pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Mainly because he's a rental and will be 34 going into next year. One plus is he's pitching for his last contract.

I'm also just not a big fan of Lynn. He's a horse though and they needed one. 

Marquez, Darvish,  Snell and Gray had years and youth.

I absolutely hate trading a viable MLB asset for a one year rental. Next off season we're literally worse off with an owner who won't spend on pitching. Trying to plug a hole year after year this way just isn't a recipe for success.

Preach Brother. 

• Like 2

• bmags unpinned this topic