Sox acquire Lance Lynn for Dane Dunning and Avery Weems

KrankinSox

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You deserve retribution Adam for posting all those Tweets and they actually being legit!

Yessir! I had a feeling we were going to ship Dunning to Texas. Just had this gut feeling. I wonder who this other prospect is though? 

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I’ll wait to get see the whole deal but Lance Lynn for Dunning alone is a big meh from me. But sounds like we’re giving up more. 

Lance Lynn >>> Dunning but 6 years Of Dunning >>>>>> 1 season of Lance Lynn. we’re better in 2021 than we were an hour ago, but this is pretty meh to me. Just spend fucking money on free agents. 

If paired with George Springer I’d be much more excited, but it’s blatantly obvious that a lesser OF (probably Joc) will be added within the next week or so.

Wow. Some of the takes in this thread are just unreal. Dane Dunning flashed potential. So what?

Lance Lynn is a bonafide ace who can throw 120 pitches every start. He’s the exact type of horse you bring in when you want to win a World Series. 

my only regret is they didn’t make this trade a few months ago because we’d have beaten the A’s. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Dam8610 said:

You don't win by trading 6 years of at worst a 4 starter, likely more like a low end 2, for 1 year of a low end 2.

He could easily be worse than a #4 starter. He faced garbage lineups last year.  I’m sure he will get stronger after TJS but he’s nothing special IMO

• Like 1

• bmags locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • bmags unpinned this topic