KrankinSox

Sox acquire Lance Lynn for Dane Dunning and Avery Weems

so are they extending him because this seems like an overpay.

The White Sox way. Don't write the check. Trade an asset with 6 years of value away.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You deserve retribution Adam for posting all those Tweets and they actually being legit!

Yessir! I had a feeling we were going to ship Dunning to Texas. Just had this gut feeling. I wonder who this other prospect is though? 

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, R.J. said:

The White Sox way. Don't write the check. Trade an asset with 6 years of value away.

And don’t forget how cheap Lynn is 

• Like 1

Let's hope Hahn didn't add another future All Star as the lottery ticket thrown in the deal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Its time to win boys....not build prospects. Some of you have not moved along to the winning time phase

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I’ll wait to get see the whole deal but Lance Lynn for Dunning alone is a big meh from me. But sounds like we’re giving up more. 

Lance Lynn >>> Dunning but 6 years Of Dunning >>>>>> 1 season of Lance Lynn. we’re better in 2021 than we were an hour ago, but this is pretty meh to me. Just spend fucking money on free agents. 

If paired with George Springer I’d be much more excited, but it’s blatantly obvious that a lesser OF (probably Joc) will be added within the next week or so.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It fills “postseason starter you don’t need to warm up someone once game starts”’ role

Cool, and I'm sure dunning will never be that in 6 years and the sox can only win next year... so good point all around.

Just now, 2Deep said:

Its time to win boys....not build prospects. Some of you have not moved along to the winning time phase

You don't win by trading 6 years of at worst a 4 starter, likely more like a low end 2, for 1 year of a low end 2.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

Classic JR. Could’ve opened up the wallet with all the payroll he saved on during the rebuild. Instead trades an asset plus for a one year rental. FFS

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Fuck this also means forget about Bauer. I can't state all the ways in which I hate this deal.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

One year of this guy. One year. So that means we're going for broke right!? Oh, heavens, no. Get ready for a few more stopgaps. 

Just now, Dam8610 said:

You don't win by trading 6 years of at worst a 4 starter, likely more like a low end 2, for 1 year of a low end 2.

Whats to say Lynn doesn't sign beyond this year

Wow. Some of the takes in this thread are just unreal. Dane Dunning flashed potential. So what?

Lance Lynn is a bonafide ace who can throw 120 pitches every start. He’s the exact type of horse you bring in when you want to win a World Series. 

my only regret is they didn’t make this trade a few months ago because we’d have beaten the A’s. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I like the pitcher, I don't like sending Dunning away for a guy with one year left and is older. But again, Lynn is a solid number 2. 

Just now, Dam8610 said:

He could easily be worse than a #4 starter. He faced garbage lineups last year.  I’m sure he will get stronger after TJS but he’s nothing special IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Katz hates Dunning confirmed.

It was kind of strange when Katz listed every young pitcher on the staff and didn’t say he was working with Dunning.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If paired with George Springer I’d be much more excited, but it’s blatantly obvious that a lesser OF (probably Joc) will be added within the next week or so.

Yeah, that’s not happening. 

This is the kind of move which shortens your contention window even if you might be better for one year. If the second player is a prospect instead of filler hate more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dam8610 said:

Dane Dunning a low end 2? Homers be homin’ I guess. 

• Haha 1