Sox acquire Lance Lynn for Dane Dunning and Avery Weems

KrankinSox

16 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

So you failed to understand the phrase I used, projected your issues onto me (guy who says "you're too stupid to argue with" is telling me I'm a dick... lol, ok), failed to acknowledge my clarification, reacted with a laugh emoticon and then simply didn't respond. 

You really need to just stop responding to me because this cycle is just pitiful at this point. If you are too egotistical to even say, "Ok, thanks for the clarification" or even bother to ATTEMPT to make an excuse for yourself then you have nothing to offer by responding to me in the first place; not sure why you constantly start arguments you then immediately run away from. Maybe one day you'll learn your lesson. If you are just going to attempt to jab someone and then run when they respond and challenge you every single time then why are you even bothering? How many times must we go through this?

You simply ignoring what I say and responding with a laugh emoji (the reaction stuff has been for the worst here, I'm sorry) is just simply immature.

I have never put a laugh emoticon on your comments or any.  If you want to debate a point you need to be clearer...I get frustrated because in the past I laid out with lots of details my arguments and you come back with a lot of words condemning me.   Come on...peace...you have some good thoughts but I am not the only one that you have gotten nasty with.  

22 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

So you failed to understand the phrase I used, projected your issues onto me (guy who says "you're too stupid to argue with" is telling me I'm a dick... lol, ok), failed to acknowledge my clarification, reacted with a laugh emoticon and then simply didn't respond. 

You really need to just stop responding to me because this cycle is just pitiful at this point. If you are too egotistical to even say, "Ok, thanks for the clarification" or even bother to ATTEMPT to make an excuse for yourself then you have nothing to offer by responding to me in the first place; not sure why you constantly start arguments you then immediately run away from. Maybe one day you'll learn your lesson. If you are just going to attempt to jab someone and then run when they respond and challenge you every single time then why are you even bothering? How many times must we go through this?

You simply ignoring what I say and responding with a laugh emoji (the reaction stuff has been for the worst here, I'm sorry) is just simply immature.

It isn't him giving the laughing emoji, for the record.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I have never put a laugh emoticon on your comments or any.  If you want to debate a point you need to be clearer...I get frustrated because in the past I laid out with lots of details my arguments and you come back with a lot of words condemning me.   Come on...peace...you have some good thoughts but I am not the only one that you have gotten nasty with.  

Again, it's not "nasty," you just perceive it as so because suddenly you're the one on the spot after realizing you were wrong about something. Guess what? That's ok. Just say so. I put over anyone who admits a mistake big. 

The condemnation might come from the fact that you are overly animated (using all caps, exclamation points, hyperactive rhetoric, etc.) and then suddenly get passive when you are responded to curtly. Frankly, if you posted in a more professional and less frantic manner my tone would be naturally different.

And again, am I wrong that you were the one who said I was "too stupid to argue with?" Because you can't do that and then try to pretend to be the peacekeeper and call someone else a dick or "nasty." One thing I have never done is call a member stupid.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Uh, no.  I am an admin who can see the names attached to the reactions.  But nice assumption there.

Never been an admin so I would have no way of knowing that, lol. I think it was a pretty easy assumption to make. My bad.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Again, it's not "nasty," you just perceive it as so because suddenly you're the one on the spot after realizing you were wrong about something. Guess what? That's ok. Just say so. I put over anyone who admits a mistake big. 

The condemnation might come from the fact that you are overly animated (using all caps, exclamation points, hyperactive rhetoric, etc.) and then suddenly get passive when you are responded to curtly. Frankly, if you posted in a more professional and less frantic manner my tone would be naturally different.

And again, am I wrong that you were the one who said I was "too stupid to argue with?" Because you can't do that and then try to pretend to be the peacekeeper and call someone else a dick or "nasty." One thing I have never done is call a member stupid.

Dude...peace.   Lay down the guns.  We are all White Sox fans.  I did say you were too stupid to argue with...I'm sorry. You are exactly the right amount of stupid to argue with.  

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Any chance you guys can take this offline? We are trying to belabor an actual signing, that is a topic that appeals to the masses, and it hasn't been fully beaten into the ground yet. Thanks

Edited by shakes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, shakes said:

Any chance you guys can take this offline? We are trying to belabor an actual signing, that is a topic that appeals to the masses, and it hasn't been fully beaten into the ground yet. Thanks

Oh, it definitely has been. We just are still hitting the ground with sticks because what the fuck else are we gonna do?

1 hour ago, RagahRagah said:

Actually. I'm almost never a dick. Being curt and being a dick are two different things.

Didn't you once say I was "too stupid to argue with?" Some self-awareness might do you some good.

By playoff team I clearly mean playoff WINNING team. We can get to the playoffs now, that should be a given. Moving the needle means pushing further in the playoffs. If you knew that you wouldn't have posted what you just did. So here I am having to correct you again, and that's fine. I don't want to be the Twins and build teams simply to win divisions and lose every playoff game. What we did today is likely not enough. 

Maybe one day you will respond humbly to a correction. Maybe then you won't see this as "being a dick." I never called you stupid. Maybe think this through a bit more.

Hear, hear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hi8is said:

@CaliSoxFanViaSWside has been advocating Lynn for Dunning since July. Good call, brother.

Hey Brother. Thanks . I think that was before the trade deadline 2020 because I wanted him for last years stretch drive too. 2 playoffs is better than 1 but apparently TX wouldn't have gone for it then.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Get more pitchers. The White Sox have never had too many good pitchers. If somehow they wound up with too many, there are plenty of teams that would take them off their hands.

Nobody seems to know this. Every August they are looking for Jose Paniagua on Snapchat. 

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The object is to win the World Series. It isn't about winning the trade or value . As someone noted, Baseballtradevalues.com had us winning in value. So it's their expertise against everyone here.  We can argue all day about how we all see Dunning faring in the future or how Lynn fairs in the near future. I honestly hope Dunning becomes a great pitcher. Wishing him to pitch poorly in order to enhance someones ability to say I told you so ,sucks. I'm geared up for World Series this year but winning the WS takes a team. We are 1 good pitcher closer, who was needed badly to win in 2021and we buy time for Kopech , Crochet, Cease and even Lopez to pitch innings , get stronger, work with a new pitching coach, and contribute beyond 2021.

One people think Katz might have taken a pass on Double D and two maybe the Sox threw a three year package at Double L with a bonus for year one. Next we have AE one and two manning up in RF. 

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hey Brother. Thanks . I think that was before the trade deadline 2020 because I wanted him for last years stretch drive too. 2 playoffs is better than 1 but apparently TX wouldn't have gone for it then.

Yep. I remember having discussions with you about it. You've been this deals Soxtalk Champion.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pcq said:

One people think Katz might have taken a pass on Double D and two maybe the Sox threw a three year package at Double L with a bonus for year one. Next we have AE one and two manning up in RF. 

I don't buy any of that stuff about Katz or an extension. Pure speculation. Katz couldn't name every pitcher on the staff and maybe Dunning's sample size wasn't big enough or he didn't have video on him yet. He would have to know a trade was absolutely going to happen and proposed trades fall apart all the time. Katz has to go under the assumption that he's going to work with everyone on the staff until told otherwise.

5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Yep. I remember having discussions with you about it. You've been this deals Soxtalk Champion.

I don't like rentals in general which is why I wanted him for 2 playoff seasons but he fits the mold of being a pretty good pitcher and giving the other guys time to build up innings so I really don't mind some quality stop gap guys in the rotation.  In the long run it saves a boatload of money to get Kopech, Crochet and Cease in there.

4 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Okay, I was a dick. And I apologize. I'm not normally that way.

That said, the entire first paragraph you quoted is the point. So you argued it, but then kind of supported it with the last thing you said in the same response.

I guess I need to speak a little more plainly and state that after trading Dunning for Lynn if we simply settle for Q then we aren't nearly moving the needle enough to be a playoff team.

I agree of your own assessment of yourself. I have been put off by a number of your posts . Maybe just ban yourself ?

• bmags unpinned this topic