So let's talk about Quintana shall we

bmags

Just now, Vulture said:
9 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

This isn’t necessarily fact.  Why do you assume that the Sox traded a long term asset?  Yes, we had control for 6 years, but what if the Sox viewed Dunning as a total nothingburger? 

You don’t even have to go that far. If they have him behind Kopech Cease Crochet and Steiver in long term outlook, it’s a good move.

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It would be hilarious if Quintana came back to the Sox and picked up where he left off before he got traded when he was matching Sale in everything except strikeouts. Cub fans would be livid and I'd love every minute of it. 

That would be one the greatest things that ever happened to this club

14 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

This isn’t necessarily fact.  Why do you assume that the Sox traded a long term asset?  Yes, we had control for 6 years, but what if the Sox viewed Dunning as a total nothingburger?  What if the Sox thought his value would tank if exposed to more MLB pitching next year?  

If you look at it through that lens, like actually look at it that way, wouldn’t you agree that it was not only good, but incredible that they turned this total bust into Lance Lynn?

Time will tell but it’s certainly possible.  I’m willing to give the mastermind of this genius rebuild the benefit of the doubt

Because I have eyes.  Dunning will not be a bust, barring injuries that could happen to anyone.  At worst, he's a rock solid backend SP controlled for 6 years and dirt cheap for 3.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

I seem to recall that sometime around the time of his signing his most recent contract that Quintana said he wanted to be in Chicago as his home even beyond baseball and that the extra money wasn't as important to him as being able to stay in this city.

image.jpeg

"This makes me happy"

Edited by Soxnfins
  • Fire 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think it's relatively known that Waino will either resign in St. Louis or retire but I could be wrong on that.

He's going to play one more year and retire.  Obviously the most likely place for him to end up is back in STL but there's been talk about ATL too.  Wainwright has taken lower offers lately so he just seems to fit with what the Sox are doing and the obvious TLR connection.  Not saying I'd love it or that it's going to happen, I'm just surprised there hasn't been more chatter about it as it seems to make sense.

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

He's going to play one more year and retire.  Obviously the most likely place for him to end up is back in STL but there's been talk about ATL too.  Wainwright has taken lower offers lately so he just seems to fit with what the Sox are doing and the obvious TLR connection.  Not saying I'd love it or that it's going to happen, I'm just surprised there hasn't been more chatter about it as it seems to make sense.

He took lesser years to stay in St Louis though; maybe he changed his mind, but I'd be shocked. He has so much stuff going on in St Louis from a charity standpoint and that seems to be his passion now. Who knows though, you could be right.

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Because I have eyes.  Dunning will not be a bust, barring injuries that could happen to anyone.  At worst, he's a rock solid backend SP controlled for 6 years and dirt cheap for 3.  

Ahhh gotcha.  I didn’t know that about Dunning.  Thanks for clarifying 

• Haha 1