Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option

Greek-konerko

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

You know there was a time when I really like Adam Eaton. Right up until he lost his mind because a little kid wasn't in the locker room 24/7

It was a little obnoxious, but I really think the guy was just sticking up for the kid who was stuck in the middle of the mess. The kid did nothing wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

It was a little obnoxious, but I really think the guy was just sticking up for the kid who was stuck in the middle of the mess. The kid did nothing wrong.

He called the kid a leader. I mean....is there anything that needs to be said there? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

Declining

Slowing

Worse on defense

Worse on offense

Also an asshole.

other than that, great move.

Worse than who?  Certainly not worse than anyone else we've been throwing out there.  The only guy you could point to (besides Springer) that you can make an argument is a better fit is Joc.  And that is no slam dunk.  Joc is coming off a .190/.285/.395 season good for -0.1 fWAR.  Eaton wasn't any better in 2020, but its not like Joc was some home run signing.  The rest of the options suck balls at defense.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Worse than who?  Certainly not worse than anyone else we've been throwing out there.  The only guy you could point to (besides Springer) that you can make an argument is a better fit is Joc.  And that is no slam dunk.  Joc is coming off a .190/.285/.395 season good for -0.1 fWAR.  Eaton wasn't any better in 2020, but its not like Joc was some home run signing.  The rest of the options suck balls at defense.  

Despite how bad Joc was, Eaton was still significantly worse

• Like 2