Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option

Greek-konerko

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

If they are dicking around with 1m or 2m differences in deciding OF choice do you think they are going to spend 150m on a pitcher?

Lynn was the TOR addition....and its cause it was only 8m. 

They aren't spending any money this year.

None.

Nada.

Zero. 

JR is like Smaug in The Hobbit who loves to roll around in his gold coins. No one can have any of it. Not even like one coin. 

I am not disagreeing, but you're missing my point. It would make sense to spend low like that efficiently to free up money for Bauer. That makes sense. However I do believe we are all going to be disappointed, yes.

Man the more I think about this the more I can't stand it, not even factoring Eaton being an asshole. You give NO slack to anyone on the team - if Madrigal isn't good or Moncada slumps again or Robert continues his slump for an extended period or Abreu regresses or Vaughn struggles when he comes up - this team likely doesn't make the postseason. Unless something changes we're likely punting another year of contention.

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I am not disagreeing, but you're missing my point. It would make sense to spend low like that efficiently to free up money for Bauer. That makes sense. However I do believe we are all going to be disappointed, yes.

Yes it would make sense.

But instead it is freeing up money for another declining starter in quintana and then probably colome.

And the sox media will say "wow the sox spent 40 million and got an ACE!"

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

If you believe the food burners / Cishek that’s what they are saying

If and when that happens that should officially, justifiably trigger the inevitable blowup here for another wasted offseason.

Edited by RagahRagah

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Man the more I think about this the more I can't stand it, not even factoring Eaton being an asshole. You give NO slack to anyone on the team - if Madrigal isn't good or Moncada slumps again or Robert continues his slump for an extended period or Abreu regresses or Vaughn struggles when he comes up - this team likely doesn't make the postseason. Unless something changes we're likely punting another year of contention.

Don't really get that take. They're above average offensively everywhere except right field. They can afford a down year from someone, if it does happen.

There have been a few posts on here about industry people saying that the Sox are one of the only teams willing to spend this offseason and then they added Lynn ($8M) and Eaton ($7M) so what gives? My hope (with nothing but pessimism behind it) is that Jerry is going to tell Rick to go get Bauer no matter the cost and turn over a can't miss team to his pal in an attempt to let him go out on top.

A guy can dream can't he?

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

Are you fucking drunk?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Man, I'd give anything for Joc now.

So now that they're not spending on a pitcher or an outfielder, the White Sox are going into an all-in year with a payroll that'll be in the bottom half of the league. "Change the game!"

This is your fault whining about Joc in the first place!!

1 minute ago, oneofthemikes said:

There have been a few posts on here about industry people saying that the Sox are one of the only teams willing to spend this offseason and then they added Lynn ($8M) and Eaton ($7M) so what gives? My hope (with nothing but pessimism behind it) is that Jerry is going to tell Rick to go get Bauer no matter the cost and turn over a can't miss team to his pal in an attempt to let him go out on top.

A guy can dream can't he?

They’re not in on Bauer. People really need to get that thought out of their mind.

• Like 1