Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option

Greek-konerko

2 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

There have been a few posts on here about industry people saying that the Sox are one of the only teams willing to spend this offseason and then they added Lynn ($8M) and Eaton ($7M) so what gives? My hope (with nothing but pessimism behind it) is that Jerry is going to tell Rick to go get Bauer no matter the cost and turn over a can't miss team to his pal in an attempt to let him go out on top.

A guy can dream can't he?

I don't think White Sox fans are falling for it anymore. We know where they shop.They give you the cashmere sweater with the red dot in the middle of it.(That's a Seinfeld reference)

Edited by Dick Allen

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Before giving an opinion, you would need to know the circumstance. He might have told them he doesn't want LaRussa questions. 

Jurko is a guy who loves to play fast and loose with the rules in order to joke around.  It doesn't surprise me that he'd try to push his luck in an interview.  I didn't blame Jim Everett when Rome continued to call him Chrissie in an interview despite being asked not to

If Eaton hangs up on Jonathon Hood, then I'd be a little more concerned.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

This is your fault whining about Joc in the first place!!

I take full responsibility for that, the Sox did this just to spite me.

To be honest, this shit has me real bothered. Real glad I cancelled my tickets now. If they're not going to invest in the product to improve it for my viewing then I'm not giving them a dollar of my money. I might even move!!!

2 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

There have been a few posts on here about industry people saying that the Sox are one of the only teams willing to spend this offseason and then they added Lynn ($8M) and Eaton ($7M) so what gives? My hope (with nothing but pessimism behind it) is that Jerry is going to tell Rick to go get Bauer no matter the cost and turn over a can't miss team to his pal in an attempt to let him go out on top.

A guy can dream can't he?

No.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I am not disagreeing, but you're missing my point. It would make sense to spend low like that efficiently to free up money for Bauer. That makes sense. However I do believe we are all going to be disappointed, yes.

Except that Bauer would require 150m and the savings from Eaton to Joc is a ONE TIME 3m-4m savings since its a one year deal. Its not like you are dumping a player owed 75m in order to make room for another big contract. We are talking pennies in savings in the big picture. In order to believe Eatom represents an attempt to find money for Bauer you would have to believe the Sox are somehow offering him 147m despite JR never paying pitchers or anyone for that matter above 100m, and you'd have to also believe Bauer wanting 150m and JR telling the FO no, find me that extra 3m in savings to justify the deal. LOL. The only aspect of this which would be believable is that they are targeting Bauer because he's an ahole since it seems the Sox hated their young roster of fun personalities and now instead strongly prefer aholes.

They already addressed TOR and that was Lynn and that was only done cause it was cheap financially. Its over. The only place left in the rotation is like 4/5 anyway. 

Anyway JR isn't going to give Bauer 150m when he can take that money to the grave instead. 

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Don't really get that take. They're above average offensively everywhere except right field. They can afford a down year from someone, if it does happen.

This team is better than last year (due to Lynn) but they still finished 3rd in the division. I'm not confident they'll make a postseason run with a normal postseason because Eaton doesn't make the team better. The idea is to supplant your existing talent with solid players to put you over the top. Eaton doesn't do that, so you're heavily reliant on every player on offense being better than they were last year (except Abreu, Anderson, Grandal and Jimenez, who I'm lumping together as "consistently good"). Eaton is probably going to be bad, so if any of the other 4 struggle or if most of them just don't improve you're putting a lot of pressure on the rest of the lineup. You don't make deep postseason runs with 2+ holes in your lineup unless you get absurdly hot.

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Except that Bauer would require 150m and the savings from Eaton to Joc is a ONE TIME 3m-4m savings since its a one year deal. Its not like you are dumping a player owed 75m in order to make room for another big contract. We are talking pennies in savings in the big picture. In order to believe Eatom represents an attempt to find money for Bauer you would have to believe the Sox are somehow offering him 147m despite JR never paying pitchers or anyone for that matter above 100m, and you'd have to also believe Bauer wanting 150m and JR telling the FO no, find me that extra 3m in savings to justify the deal. LOL. The only aspect of this which would be believable is that they are targeting Bauer because he's an ahole since it seems the Sox hated their young roster of fun personalities and now instead strongly prefer aholes.

They already addressed TOR and that was Lynn and that was only done cause it was cheap financially. Its over. The only place left in the rotation is like 4/5 anyway. 

Anyway JR isn't going to give Bauer 150m when he can take that money to the grave instead. 

I guess I'm giving the benefit of the doubt but now that I think about it... why the hell am I?

Fuck.

9 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I am not disagreeing, but you're missing my point. It would make sense to spend low like that efficiently to free up money for Bauer. That makes sense. However I do believe we are all going to be disappointed, yes.

I can't believe that some people still think there's a chance that Reinsdorf would actually pay what it takes to sign Trevor Bauer. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Before giving an opinion, you would need to know the circumstance. He might have told them he doesn't want LaRussa questions. 

I worked in radio for a few years. That kind of stuff- "don't ask me about _____"- is pretty rare despite what most think. I guess Eaton may have done that, but considering he called them, not the other way around, I doubt it. 

Oh, and if he did, f*** him. Who the hell signs for $7M in a city, calls into the radio, and then doesn't want to talk about his manager? A psychopath, evidently

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I take full responsibility for that, the Sox did this just to spite me.

To be honest, this shit has me real bothered. Real glad I cancelled my tickets now. If they're not going to invest in the product to improve it for my viewing then I'm not giving them a dollar of my money. I might even move!!!

If the only thing this move does is permanently discredit Kinander's tweets, it has served a purpose

Edited by Superstar Lamar