Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option

Greek-konerko

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Looks like the Dodgers and Yankees too. 

The Yankees are 100% bringing back Lamahieu, and I would bet they sign Bauer.

The Dodgers paid 385 million for Mookie mid-season instead of waiting for him to be a free agent. Amazing to see the spin on how cheap the White Sox are over and over and over and over again.

9 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

So Engel is going to come off the bench? I can see him being expendable at some point than if that’s the case.

Engel plays RF against LHP and likely gets starts when Eloy/Eaton continue their long term beefs with walls.

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

look another guy who can't take a joke online. I even had to add the i kid i kid because i Knew how upset you get when people don't bow before you on this forum.

All you do is try to prod me whenever I post. I've gone back and forth with people on here for the better part of a decade. Can disagree with someone in one thread and agree in another. You just seem to come at me personally over and over and like to conjure up drama. I am here to talk  Sox, you seem to be looking for you fix of so badly needed attention. I am good with this topic though.

Edited by raBBit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Yankees are 100% bringing back Lamahieu, and I would bet they sign Bauer.

The Dodgers paid 385 million for Mookie mid-season instead of waiting for him to be a free agent. Amazing to see the spin on how cheap the White Sox are over and over and over and over again.

The point was the offseason just begun. Amazing you're judging an offseason on December 8th but whatever suits your narrative i guess.

Just now, raBBit said:

Engel plays RF against LHP and likely gets starts when Eloy/Eaton continue their long term beefs with walls.

All you do is try to prod me whenever I post. I've gone back and forth with people on here for the better part of a decade. Can disagree with someone in one thread and disagree in another. You just seem to come at me personally over and over and like to conjure up drama. I am here to talk  Sox, you seem to be looking for you fix of so badly needed attention. I am good with this topic though.

raBBit dropping some truth bombs. I never noticed how annoying Ray was until this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How do the White Sox have a better lineup than the Yankees? They have Madrigal, Eaton and no DH at the moment. Eaton and Madrigal could both very easily be bad.

Ding ding ding.

How’s that Yankees starting rotation looking? Sox offense isn’t much worse than the Yankees (it was better in 2020). Yankees are likely to lose one of their best hitters from last season.

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

raBBit dropping some truth bombs. I never noticed how annoying Ray was until this week.

I hadn't noticed since *checks posting history* the last time I posted multiple times in a day.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

All you do is try to prod me whenever I post. I've gone back and forth with people on here for the better part of a decade. Can disagree with someone in one thread and disagree in another. You just seem to come at me personally over and over and like to conjure up drama. I am here to talk  Sox, you seem to be looking for you fix of so badly needed attention. I am good with this topic though.

Don't you ever agree with anyone? :lol:

4 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I responded to a post you made in a thread I was posting in. I've told you this multiple times; you seem to think I seek you out. When I post on days like this, I post a lot. You happen to be around on these days and your so self involved that you seem to think I'm here searching out your posts and ignore that 99.9999% of my posts are not directed or responding to you. It's really odd. People bust my balls all day when I post here, it bothers me about 0%.

Do I poke at people who get really defensive when everyone doesn't agree with them? Of course, that's the most fun. Just as people call me a loud mouth opinionated d-bag at times, which is an accurate assessment of the way I bust peoples chops.

There's really no way to justify signing Eaton to be your starting RF'er in a year that you're all in. Not only do I think Eaton is now not a good baseball player, but I also think he's a dick. He's also immature and thought a child was the leader of his team when he was 27/28 years old. He wasn't some kid.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nightengale reporting Brantley was first choice but too expensive for them

So what exactly is their projected payroll then? Losing yolmer Sanchez, rodon, and mazara saves them about 13 million dollars. Adding Lynn and Eaton cost about 15 million dollars. And losing the salaries of McCann, colome, and EE is roughly about 25 million? So divide that up between a fifth starter, a closer, and any other relief help. And your payroll is about the same as last year besides the few arbitration raises.

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I am good with this deal for Eaton. Speed , good defense and gets on base 

Eaton costs you games in RF. With so many better FA RF alternatives this off-season, I can see no positives with this signing. Engel/Garcia platoon and spending $6.4M elsewhere is a far better option.

Schwarber has better dWAR ratings, and unlike Eaton is in his prime and can stay on the field and hits more HRs in a season than Eaton his past four combined.

2017: G: 23 HR: OPS: .854 oWAR: 0.9 dWAR: -0.6 WAR: 0.3

2018: G: 95 HR: OPS: .805 oWAR: 1.8 dWAR: -1.1 WAR: 1.1

2019: G: 151 HR: 15 OPS: .792 oWAR: 1.9 dWAR: -0.9 WAR: 1.5

2020: G: 41 HR: OPS: .669 oWAR: -0.3 dWAR: -0.7 WAR: -0.9

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Eaton costs you games in RF. With so many better FA RF alternatives this off-season, I can see no positives with this signing. Engel/Garcia platoon and spending $6.4M elsewhere is a far better option.

Schwarber has better dWAR ratings, and unlike Eaton is in his prime and can stay on the field and hits more HRs in a season than Eaton his past four combined.

Eaton batted .320 in the 2019 World Series for the Nats, hitting two homers with six RBIs in helping Washington win its first title.

1 minute ago, smellysox said:

So what exactly is their projected payroll then? Losing yolmer Sanchez, rodon, and mazara saves them about 13 million dollars. Adding Lynn and Eaton cost about 15 million dollars. And losing the salaries of McCann, colome, and EE is roughly about 25 million? So divide that up between a fifth starter, a closer, and any other relief help. And your payroll is about the same as last year besides the few arbitration raises.

at this point it's, I think, at 114. So last year was 140 basically right?

Starter + Reliever probably puts you there. So I'd say sox are probably going to be around there if not slightly above for some middle relievers.

If they sign a DH they may go higher. That will probably be the interesting call.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

The point was the offseason just begun. Amazing you're judging an offseason on December 8th but whatever suits your narrative i guess.

So you think the White Sox are going to spend big on a RF'er and SP now that they acquired Lynn and Eaton. Listen, you can ignore all the tea leaves that points to the Sox spending no money - trading for the affordable SP and signing a cheap replacement level RF'er - but I'm done giving this team the benefit of the doubt. All they do is lie and pocket the money they make from fans without investing it in the ball club.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Putting Schwarber in RF would be a Keystone Kops level disaster. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Do I poke at people who get really defensive when everyone doesn't agree with them? Of course, that's the most fun. Just as people call me a loud mouth opinionated d-bag at times, which is an accurate assessment of the way I bust peoples chops.

397.jpg

I am just kidding btw, message board posting isn‘t some serious business

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Sounds like that was Hahn's budget to meet for for next year. 

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

😥

Devastating to hear. It's hard when someone presents you with some tough truths. I still remember when you accused me of carrying water for the front office.

And didn't raBBit delete a bunch of posts to hide the fact that he was wrong about something on this very forum? That makes a lot of sense; people who care about being right and what others think of them online tend to be an overly sensitive bunch.

prior to 2005 i hated the carlos lee for podsednik deal, but it saved a bunch of money and they were able to sign multiple solid but not spectacular pieces cheaply like AJ iguchi el duque. The lynn and eaton deals fill holes while still leaving room for financial flexibility. I'll hold judgement too much until we see how the rest of the money is spent.

I'll say this - I am more concerned about RF from a long term perspective, beyond just this year. Limited options to fill internally