Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option

Greek-konerko

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I responded to a post you made in a thread I was posting in. I've told you this multiple times; you seem to think I seek you out. When I post on days like this, I post a lot. You happen to be around on these days and your so self involved that you seem to think I'm here searching out your posts and ignore that 99.9999% of my posts are not directed or responding to you. It's really odd. People bust my balls all day when I post here, it bothers me about 0%.

Do I poke at people who get really defensive when everyone doesn't agree with them? Of course, that's the most fun. Just as people call me a loud mouth opinionated d-bag at times, which is an accurate assessment of the way I bust peoples chops.

LOL. You didn't respond to my post. You just basically said I like Eaton because we're both "fill in the blank with whatever negative characterization." You didn't even respond to one of my posts just tried to get a dig in because you saw me posting. But it's all in my head I am just so self involved that I made you start childish shit with me. This is not me getting upset with you because you disagreed with my baseball opinion. In a completely unsolicited fashion, you came at me personally. Not one of my opinions. Amazing how you can contort facts to rationalize your immature behavior. 

Next time someone makes a thread on one of Tony La Russa's pending court cases I am going to reply "Wow - Tony drinking and driving - Look at Ray Ray Run must love this guy since they're so similar." And then when you respond like WTF I am just going to tell you that not everyone is going to bow down and I am just busting your balls because you also posted in the thread. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I hadn't noticed since *checks posting history* the last time I posted multiple times in a day.

I noticed too. Long history of edgy younger guys who love to prod people. Just ignore.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Late inning defensive replacement most likely with a spot start here and there and covering the injuries that are bound to happen.  He'll get his ab's but I actually agree with fathom, I don't think the Sox are looking at Eaton as a platoon player.

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s too valuable as defensive sub for Eloy

11 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Engel plays RF against LHP and likely gets starts when Eloy/Eaton continue their long term beefs with walls.

Makes sense now. Thanks guys for explaining!

Just now, daa84 said:

prior to 2005 i hated the carlos lee for podsednik deal, but it saved a bunch of money and they were able to sign multiple solid but not spectacular pieces cheaply like AJ iguchi el duque. The lynn and eaton deals fill holes while still leaving room for financial flexibility. I'll hold judgement too much until we see how the rest of the money is spent.

I'll say this - I am more concerned about RF from a long term perspective, beyond just this year. Limited options to fill internally 

If this is the world we live in (never getting the premier corner talent), the two positions you'd be ok with it in is RF and 2b. Next year you have Marte, Taylor, Dickerson, Polanco, Canha, Calhoun, Blackmon in addition to some possible opt outs or buy outs in Avi and Castellanos.

Plus who knows how many of the guys this year will sign 1 year deals in Joc/JBJ/Rosario/Schwarber, etc.

And on top of that, the possibility we can fill it internally.

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

397.jpg

I am just kidding btw, message board posting isn‘t some serious business

lol. I have good fun here on these days; it's a nice break from work and the grind of this pandemic. This holiday season has been tough. If people take it seriously, or personally, or can't manage rebutting someones response who disagrees with them... I'm sorry to hear that and wish them the best in finding their confidence! You won't see me calling people names or getting personal as raBBit tries to claim though, but everyone knows the best people to raz are those who can't manage it.

i'm here to generate some discussion and rile up the troops! But always remember:

be8.png

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

So Nightengale says the Sox preferred Brantley but couldn't afford him, and Stark is saying we're still in on Brantley. As weird as this sounds, I think I trust Nightengale here 

Nightengale is Kenny's BFF. I value his takes higher than any other national writer. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, raBBit said:

LOL. You didn't respond to my post. You just basically said I like Eaton because we're both "fill in the blank with whatever negative characterization." You didn't even respond to one of my posts just tried to get a dig in because you saw me posting. But it's all in my head I am just so self involved that I made you start childish shit with me. This is not me getting upset with you because you disagreed with my baseball opinion. In a completely unsolicited fashion, you came at me personally. Not one of my opinions. Amazing how you can contort facts to rationalize your immature behavior. 

Next time someone makes a thread on one of Tony La Russa's pending court cases I am going to reply "Wow - Tony drinking and driving - Look at Ray Ray Run must love this guy since they're so similar." And then when you respond like WTF I am just going to tell you that not everyone is going to bow down and I am just busting your balls because you also posted in the thread. 

sigh, pal get over yourself, move on and learn to take a joke. jaysus.

now back to the topic at hand.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Good research 

unfortunately I'm wrong. DRS does not like Eaton in RF. Baseball Savants Outs above average does like him...so this is possibly holding runners related but that would be surprising since I his arm was insane in 2016 when moved out of center to right.

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

Heard the Eaton interview with Carmen and Jurko. Said Hahn called day 1, ready to do whatever “Skip” wants him to do. Can confirm he ended the interview in a jerky way, but whatever. 

One thing is a near certainty, Adam Eaton will double the number of White Sox who hate his guts from 24 to 48 this season.

Wonder if Rick Hahn will last more than 90 seconds during his press conference (that's what she said). :D

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nightengale is Kenny's BFF. I value his takes higher than any other national writer. 

Bob is Jerrys leak guy.  We saw this with the whole TLR hiring.  

The fact that they think Brantley is too costly.  That tells you where we are at.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Bob is Jerrys leak guy.  We saw this with the whole TLR hiring.  

The fact that they think Brantley is too costly.  That tells you where we are at.  

That was a holy fuck moment and it makes you wonder how in the hell they're going to get Hendriks done. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, flavum said:

Heard the Eaton interview with Carmen and Jurko. Said Hahn called day 1, ready to do whatever “Skip” wants him to do. Can confirm he ended the interview in a jerky way, but whatever. 

Seems like to me that Eaton told them no questions on LaRussa and they still did it. That's why the hosts weren't mad or prickly about it. 

• Thanks 1