Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option

Greek-konerko

I love it. Seemed he and Frazier (two alpha's) just hated eachother.. Other than that, I don't remember hearing a peep.

Amazing OBP guy, left handed bat, plays good D, AND WILL BE BATTING 8th!?!?! IDK what's not to like.. well he gets hurt.. So I guess there's that.  I really like it.

With the season he had last year, this contract seems about right. Not sure I like it. Joc definitely adds more to the lineup, but Eaton is a safer bet. I'm sure TLR loves him for the clubhouse, but IDK if he fits in with the rest of the core. 

• Like 1

• bmags pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I love it. Seemed he and Frazier (two alpha's) just hated eachother.. Other than that, I don't remember hearing a peep.

Amazing OBP guy, left handed bat, plays good D, AND WILL BE BATTING 8th!?!?! IDK what's not to like.. well he gets hurt.. So I guess there's that.  I really like it.

Only one of those still applies. he hasn't been good in years.

3 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Great deal.  Love it.  Smart move.  Maybe the FO is finally willing to let go of a grudge (good thing) but more likely it probably means Hahn's deals are vetted by TLR (bad).  

I think what it means is as much as Frazier blasted Eaton, at least some who haven't been heard don't pin the entire problem on Eaton. If he was that much trouble, they wouldn't have bothered bringing him back.

I will bet $50 that we do not pick up adam eaton's option next year to anyone that takes that other side.

All offseason I've been like "I kinda like ALL the RF options" and that never included adam fucking eaton. Good grief.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

awful idea. Awful, awful idea.

Why?  He's a great fit.  

Besides the fact this takes out of Springer for sure, its a good on field move.   Here is to hoping Eaton has matured a bit since he left.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

Would have preferred JBJ but this is fine as it gives time for Rutherford and Adolfo time to continue to progress as well as Colas once he is signed as he appears to be ticketed for AA for a warm up then AAA. Can always upgrade mid-season as well. Hes batting 8th ahead of Madrigal.

Really spending that money! So far about 16M on needs while giving away a solid pitching prospect. 

I personally like Eaton the player better than Joc if he stays healthy, I just hope he has gotten better in the clubhouse and will fit in better with the players we have now. I feel like before we had some really intense guys and they didn't mesh well.

• Like 1