Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option

Greek-konerko

2 hours ago, tray said:

"Per capita" based on residents of the City of Chicago ?

So the total population in the City is roughly 2.9 Million or thereabouts.

A lot of residents in the City may not have the disposable income to attend baseball games regularly.  So if another city has a higher average  per capita income, that could result in more per capita attendance at baseball games.  I'm not sure that means anything.

"Fan support" meaning physical attendance at games?

I never believed that fan attendance at games was the most accurate  indicator of "fan support" because, as is the case in Chicago, certain stadiums are more accessible to a team's fan base or perhaps, there are other attractions that draw in fans.

Post Covid  the public in general may be reticent to expose themselves to germs on a grand scale by gathering in large public venues. Perhaps sports stadiums will be the exception if that is the case.  Or not. I imagine a  post-Covid sports bar loaded with people, face to face, cheek to cheek , touching, breathing and sharing germs from sneeze droplets.

For the size of their market in a number of ways. 

5 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

If I'm being honest, stats from 2020 REALLY need to stop being used so fervently in arguments about player production. It was 60 games, it's not an adequate sample size.

The problem is Adam's 2019, and if Adam's speed is starting to slow if his lower BABIPs are the norm. He's actually hitting the ball harder, but it may not be enough to compensate for a lower OBP.

1 hour ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Ughhhh, classic.

Except Brantley wouldn't really be an ideal fit for RF, unless they also acquired another OF like Dahl/Eaton, etc.,  Not too worried about missing out on Brantley.  I don't want a clown show in the OF. 

• Like 1