Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option

Greek-konerko

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Timmy’s huge ego is becoming a bit of an issue. I’m sure many will disagree, and that’s fine

His comment was tongue and cheek. DK is right though about the winning culture here, our season turned around when he spoke out against what was taking place. Eaton was brought back and TLR was brought in to light a fire under asses and to add toughness. 

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

These are good comments. You admit his health has been bad but mention stuff that you can judge by analytics and scouting. I think his foot speed is still pretty good and he gets good jumps on balls according to what someone already posted here who didn't like him and posted his Statcast data for those things.

36 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

These are good comments. You admit his health has been bad but mention stuff that you can judge by analytics and scouting. I think his foot speed is still pretty good and he gets good jumps on balls according to what someone already posted here who didn't like him and posted his Statcast data for those things.

While eatons reaction off bat has ranked in the top 15 among all of'ers in 2019 and 2020, of over 100 qualified outfielders he ranked 4th from last and 8th from last in route efficiency.

5 minutes ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

How so?

Because they're grown men who are professional baseball players and keuchel "learned to win" on a team that cheated to win. 

His quote is absurd. Hes not their daddy and real leaders don't spout off about how they're teammates were losers before he got there.

Id think it was a clown move as well, as would most guys who work their asses off to reach the pinnacle of their profession.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

“I had to do a lot of teaching” 

He’s gonna get so much shit for that from the guys and rightfully so

Lots of apples at his locker. Do people still associate an apple on the teachers desk as a thing or is that too old school? That's been around forever.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Would be curious to know what you think about this article

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/what-the-braves-can-tell-us-about-mlb-financial-losses-in-2020/

Sounds about right. They had significant losses but not as much as they claim. I would never believe anything either side says verbatim.  Without the fans they had about one third loss of revenue.  But with money carried over from previous years they really down show as great of operating capital.

3 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Obviously the pandemic is going to have an effect on everything, I'm not denying that. But teams are still going to spend. Someone is still going to sign Bauer and someone is still going to sign Springer and they are likely both going to get a lot of money. The Sox have been incredibly profitable lately and have been operating on a skeletal budget. If anyone should be in a good position to pay for premium free agent, the Sox have to be towards the top.

They also lose some points on the benefit of the doubt because we know how cheap JR is and has been.

No doubt. As I said before, the couple of premium differebce maker FA like Bauer and Springer will get good money, probably not as much as in a regular year but good. Its everyone else that will suffer because all owners will be cutting back.

21 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Lots of apples at his locker. Do people still associate an apple on the teachers desk as a thing or is that too old school? That's been around forever.

I know it and I'm in my early 20s, so you should be alright

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Sounds about right. They had significant losses but not as much as they claim. I would never believe anything either side says verbatim.  Without the fans they had about one third loss of revenue.  But with money carried over from previous years they really down show as great of operating capital.

Got it. It seemed to me like you were coming at it from a perspective of believing the owners much more than this post implies, but this is a fair take IMO. Thanks for reading it

28 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

While eatons reaction off bat has ranked in the top 15 among all of'ers in 2019 and 2020, of over 100 qualified outfielders he ranked 4th from last and 8th from last in route efficiency.

I'm not sure whats the best way to run a route efficiently. I would think the statcast people use where a player starts and where he catches the ball and measure deviations from the straight line or most direct path. There are Ofers who can take one look at the ball and if they've done their homework and anticipate hook and slice depending on the handedness of the batter and trajectory, can then adjust their path  looking up one more time. These guys are rare. Others may do the look run, look run, look run and still others look at it at all times while the ball is in flight. If you look at it constantly your route may be best but u may be slower to the ball . Defensive metrics are tricky in that way. Is there any one stat that can keep constant tabs on sprint speed, apply it to how close an OF comes to his max sprint speed while chasing a flyball and measure the ability to run full speed while running his route ?

35 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Because they're grown men who are professional baseball players and keuchel "learned to win" on a team that cheated to win. 

His quote is absurd. Hes not their daddy and real leaders don't spout off about how they're teammates were losers before he got there.

Id think it was a clown move as well, as would most guys who work their asses off to reach the pinnacle of their profession.

Ah, my bad. I thought the quote in question was about how the White Sox wouldn't trade Timmy for anyone and to bank on it.

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm not sure whats the best way to run a route efficiently. I would think the statcast people use where a player starts and where he catches the ball and measure deviations from the straight line or most direct path. There are Ofers who can take one look at the ball and if they've done their homework and anticipate hook and slice depending on the handedness of the batter and trajectory, can then adjust their path  looking up one more time. These guys are rare. Others may do the look run, look run, look run and still others look at it at all times while the ball is in flight. If you look at it constantly your route may be best but u may be slower to the ball . Defensive metrics are tricky in that way. Is there any one stat that can keep constant tabs on sprint speed, apply it to how close an OF comes to his max sprint speed while chasing a flyball and measure the ability to run full speed while running his route ?

Route efficiency is actually real easy to measure. Off the bat there's a direct line to the ball. How much you deviate from that path  can be measured.

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

100%. It honestly takes nerves to give such a self-important rant about "teaching guys to win" when your team cheated in such an egregious way. I'm sure TA and a bunch of other teammates want to tell him to STFU.