Hot Stove Closer Talk

KrankinSox

7 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

The Sox have filled RF and SP. While they may still be in the market for another SP, I think the closer role is the biggest remaining question mark for this offseason. 

Let the rumors commence:

I'll quit b****ing if they get Hendriks. That would be a good move. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

The Sox have filled RF and SP. While they may still be in the market for another SP, I think the closer role is the biggest remaining question mark for this offseason. 

Let the rumors commence:

I had a feeling he was their guy and in some ways I would love that.  A post-season bullpen like this would be fucking insane:

• CL: Hendriks
  • SU: Bummer*
  • SU: Crochet*
  • MR: Heuer
  • MR: Marshall
  • MR: Foster
  • MR: Fry*
  • MR: Burdi/Johnson
  • LR: Lopez
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Love Hendricks, that would be awesome

However, Hendricks and Colome and Hand would be even better

What's CWS's status with McCann?

He's a luxury they can't afford with the other holes. "A team with James McCann has already came up short in the postseason."

26 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Hendriks would be awesome. The As used the crap out of him last postseason. He had the 50 pitch performance against us then a 3 inning save against the Astros. Dude can throw multiple innings.

The guy is an absolute bulldog. I want Heuer and Foster watching him go through the motions of being a pen guy. He's from Perth and approaches baseball like he's going to WAR. Love this guy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This. I'll take Colome because we know him and he has been real solid in our park. 

Who is "we"?

Is it the pitching coach? Because he's new. Or the manager? Also new. The fans? Jerry's already shown that he doesn't care about that at all.

Listen, I know that Colome put up good numbers the past couple seasons but I worry that they're a mirage. His peripherals aren't all that great.

8 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Who is "we"?

Is it the pitching coach? Because he's new. Or the manager? Also new. The fans? Jerry's already shown that he doesn't care about that at all.

Listen, I know that Colome put up good numbers the past couple seasons but I worry that they're a mirage. His peripherals aren't all that great.

I mean his team and front office. They know his personality and what he can and can't do. They also know how he performs in our stadium and against our rivals. If he is not the guy, our front office would know this.