Jump to content
Chicago White Sox

Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

I think this warrants it’s own thread since if it happens it will be without question our biggest signing of the offseason.

As much I get the argument for not overpaying for relievers, I’m 100% for this move and the impact it could have in October.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think this warrants it’s own thread since if it happens it will be without question our biggest signing of the offseason.

As much I get the argument for not overpaying for relievers, I’m 100% for this move and the impact it could have in October.

Well he checks all the boxes. He's not that old and he's really really good. Immediately improves our bullpen even though Colome did a good job. Having him in the playoffs will be huge too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy had a 4 fWAR season out of the bullpen in 2019 and has had an FIP under 2 the last 2 seasons. I think he'll be a top-end reliever for at least 2 more years. If it's a 3 year deal, the next 2 years will pay for itself. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going after the 3 areas of need without fooling around...  Starting pitcher, RF upgrade, and closer.  RH doing a great job working on his to-do list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baron said:

Well he checks all the boxes. He's not that old and he's really really good. Immediately improves our bullpen even though Colome did a good job. Having him in the playoffs will be huge too. 

Yup, he’s been about as good as it gets the last two years:

 

D8E029A5-5896-4141-AE73-B6CE7FEA93DD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This guy had a 4 fWAR season out of the bullpen in 2019 and has had an FIP under 2 the last 2 seasons. I think he'll be a top-end reliever for at least 2 more years. If it's a 3 year deal, the next 2 years will pay for itself. 

100% agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, he’s been about as good as it gets the last two years:

 

D8E029A5-5896-4141-AE73-B6CE7FEA93DD.jpeg

It's pretty insane how good he has been. You saw him without his slider in game 2 of the WC series against us. He still blew guys away without his secondary pitch and poor fastball command. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, he’s been about as good as it gets the last two years:

 

D8E029A5-5896-4141-AE73-B6CE7FEA93DD.jpeg

Exactly. I'm on board. He's better than the other failed closer contracts too mentioned in the other thread. I have no worries about him in 2 years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best part about successfully developing middle and set up relievers is splurging here before those guys go to arb.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Is he better than Colome? Would they sign anyone else for the pen or are they set?

He’s arguably been the best reliever in baseball the last two years, so yes he’s significantly better than Colome.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bmags said:

The best part about successfully developing middle and set up relievers is splurging here before those guys go to arb.

Agreed.  And if we’re going to splurge on a reliever, go get an elite one and not the next Steve Cishek.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say that I will miss a little the unwarranted panic in the game threads when Colome came into save situations.

He would make it interesting but he damn sure got the job done.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

 

They better be sure to lock him up then and get it done. I would be trilled with a Hendricks signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

They better be sure to lock him up then and get it done. I would be trilled with a Hendricks signing.

Hendriks would take away some of the stink of going cheap in RF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Hendriks would take away some of the stink of going cheap in RF.

More like explain why they did that 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

If we get Hendriks i would put our bullpen (with Crochet) against anyone

Imagine come October having Hendriks, Bummer, & Crochet in the 7th, 8th, & 9th to close things out.  And holy fuck if Burdi ever puts it together.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

They better be sure to lock him up then and get it done. I would be trilled with a Hendricks signing.

Lock up Al's Christmas Beef? I think it was PortillosHamberger who is breaking this signing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shakes said:

Lock up Al's Christmas Beef? I think it was PortillosHamberger who is breaking this signing. 

Al’s first. Portillos credited him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m all in on Hendricks, want him so bad. I think these guys do have some credibility but we should be cautious given his agent is Dan Lozano. Could be effing with us the same way he did with machado 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×