Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think this warrants it’s own thread since if it happens it will be without question our biggest signing of the offseason.

As much I get the argument for not overpaying for relievers, I’m 100% for this move and the impact it could have in October.

Well he checks all the boxes. He's not that old and he's really really good. Immediately improves our bullpen even though Colome did a good job. Having him in the playoffs will be huge too. 

• Like 2

This guy had a 4 fWAR season out of the bullpen in 2019 and has had an FIP under 2 the last 2 seasons. I think he'll be a top-end reliever for at least 2 more years. If it's a 3 year deal, the next 2 years will pay for itself. 

• Like 2

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, he’s been about as good as it gets the last two years:

D8E029A5-5896-4141-AE73-B6CE7FEA93DD.jpeg

It's pretty insane how good he has been. You saw him without his slider in game 2 of the WC series against us. He still blew guys away without his secondary pitch and poor fastball command. 

• Like 2

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, he’s been about as good as it gets the last two years:

D8E029A5-5896-4141-AE73-B6CE7FEA93DD.jpeg

Exactly. I'm on board. He's better than the other failed closer contracts too mentioned in the other thread. I have no worries about him in 2 years. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

They better be sure to lock him up then and get it done. I would be trilled with a Hendricks signing.

Lock up Al's Christmas Beef? I think it was PortillosHamberger who is breaking this signing. 

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic