Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I think we are selling ourselves short if we don't sign a real left handed DH for the year. 

I'm hoping one of Joc, Schwarber or Brantley is still on Rick's radar. Gotta get somebody who can play the OF. Sox have two injury prone guys in the outfield starting (Eloy, Eaton) and Leury Garcia is probably the most injury prone player out of them all. You can not have Adam Engel getting consistent ABs if (really that "if" should be "when" at this point) those guys go down.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Next steps IMO:

• Sign Hendriks to a 3/$39 deal
  • Sign Richards to a 1/$11M deal
  • Extend Giolito at 5/$75M
  • Extend Lynn at 2/$40M

I like this plan except I just don't see the appeal of Richards over Q.  Their career numbers are very similar (Q is arguably slightly better), Q is younger, and Q is WAY more durable.  

• Like 3

Hendriks is an interesting name.  The one thing that stands out about him is that his stuff is completely different than the rest of the back of that pen.  He gives you a completely different look than Bummer, who is different than Crochet, who is different than Foster, who is different than Heuer etc.  Hopefully it doesn't allow hitters to get comfortable as we roll through the pen with these guys.

7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Soxtalk special this morning I see. Discussing the NL DH in a Liam Hendriks thread.

Yea could we make a one stop shop thread with just tweets of White Sox rumblings/rumors/concrete things. I scour all these threads for that stuff and ignore the banter, no offense. Everything just gets off topic.

Nightengale is really hammering home the notion that the Sox are pursuing Hendriks hard. Love to see it. Heuer, crochet, bummer, and Hendriks would be lethal in the postseason. Assuming one gets hurt or has an off year, you still have a dynamic 7-8-9 inning reliever group, with guys who can throw more than 1 inning. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic