Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

So what happens to Schwarber when Vaughn comes up 25 games into the season?  

People keep saying this, but if they were interested in Brantley they obviously don't think Vaughn is quite MLB ready. 

I think it's likely he stays down all year. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He won't come up until July at the earliest if we sign a DH. The excuse will be that he needs to play in AA and AAA first. Especially if the signed DH is having a great season. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

People keep saying this, but if they were interested in Brantley they obviously don't think Vaughn is quite MLB ready. 

I think it's likely he stays down all year. 

I will bet you any sum of money he doesn't stay down all year.  You name the price.  

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That's the million dollar question. I'm not sure what's best. You either suck it up and rotate Collins, Grandal, Eloy, etc. at DH for a couple weeks. Or you sign another big bat and keep Vaughn down for a while.

Personally, I want Vaughn up as soon as possible.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

He won't come up until July at the earliest if we sign a DH. The excuse will be that he needs to play in AA and AAA first. Especially if the signed DH is having a great season. 

Still doesn't answer the question of what happens to Schwarber when Vaughn arrives.  Too many DH types.  

If we sign another bat (and we should), it needs to be a guy that can play the field.  Dahl, Gonzalez, Kike, LaStella, Profar all far better fits than another DH.  

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

That's the million dollar question. I'm not sure what's best. You either suck it up and rotate Collins, Grandal, Eloy, etc. at DH for a couple weeks. Or you sign another big bat and keep Vaughn down for a while.

Personally, I want Vaughn up as soon as possible.

I think Vaughn comes up as soon as the extra year is secured assuming he's healthy.  No benefit to waiting until June or July (other than super 2, which I dont think they're messing with). 

As I just stated in the post previous to this, bringing in another bat should be a priority.  But it needs to be someone who can play the field.  We don't need a DH.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Still doesn't answer the question of what happens to Schwarber when Vaughn arrives.  Too many DH types.  

If we sign another bat (and we should), it needs to be a guy that can play the field.  Dahl, Gonzalez, Kike, LaStella, Profar all far better fits than another DH.  

They should just use Yermin and Collins at DH until Vaughn is ready

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not sure TLR wants to entrust that fulltime role in a World Series seeking year to a rookie. In any event, Vaughn could still spell Jose at 1B 1 or 2 days a week and DH against LHP. There is a role for both players. 

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If Schwarber is having a great season then Vaughn stays down with the excuse he needs to play AA and AAA ball. If Schwarber is mediocre to bad, you call up Vaughn and trade Schwarber, or have him ride pine. If Vaughn struggles too much in this scenario, you DH Eloy and start Schwarber in left.  

14 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Not sure TLR wants to entrust that fulltime role in a World Series seeking year to a rookie. In any event, Vaughn could still spell Jose at 1B 1 or 2 days a week and DH against LHP. There is a role for both players. 

Lol, they're not bringing Vaughn up to ride the bench and only play against lefties and they aren't playing Schwarber over Vaughn once Vaughn arrives.

If the Sox sign Schwarber, they clearly don't think AV is ready.  Which goes against most of what we've heard from Hahn.  

Schwarber wasn't a fit pre-Eaton, and he's less of a fit now.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Keeping Vaughn down is not even really playing the service time game. He has yet to face anything above high A ball pitching. 

No reason to rush our best prospect

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? 

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, they're not bringing Vaughn up to ride the bench and only play against lefties and they aren't playing Schwarber over Vaughn once Vaughn arrives.

If the Sox sign Schwarber, they clearly don't think AV is ready.  Which goes against most of what we've heard from Hahn.  

Schwarber wasn't a fit pre-Eaton, and he's less of a fit now.  

Sox could always sign a guy like Shin Soo Choo on the cheap to DH and then dump him once Vaughn proves ready

• Like 1

Just now, Texsox said:

Rookies are streaky. I'd rather have a MLB proven guy and allow AV another year of MiLB experience. 

He also has never played above A+. 

In general "oh no! We have a player mashing in AAA but already have this guy here" isn't really an issue for the white sox. It is probably a huge issue for Schwarber though!

• Thanks 1

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic