Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, they're not bringing Vaughn up to ride the bench and only play against lefties and they aren't playing Schwarber over Vaughn once Vaughn arrives.

If the Sox sign Schwarber, they clearly don't think AV is ready.  Which goes against most of what we've heard from Hahn.  

Schwarber wasn't a fit pre-Eaton, and he's less of a fit now.  

What about the fact that its seemingly almost impossible for Eloy to play a full healthy season so for those inevitable 20-30 games he's out Schwarber could play LF as well. 

There is a place for him here. It involves some musical chairs between him and Vaughn and Eloy but it makes sense.

7 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? 

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? 

Say again.

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

What about the fact that its seemingly almost impossible for Eloy to play a full healthy season so for those inevitable 20-30 games he's out Schwarber could play LF as well. 

There is a place for him here. It involves some musical chairs between him and Vaughn and Eloy but it makes sense.

Yeah, there is a place for a guy that can actually play the OF serviceably.  Not for a DH that can stand in LF and be just as bad as Eloy at it, but a far worse hitter.  

4 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Schwarber isn’t a proven guy.  Schwarber is pretty bad at baseball.  Why would we sign something so awful?

I’m cool with Collins/Yermin/Grande/Abreu to start the year.  

jettison Yermin for an ace after Vaughn comes up 

He mashes righties and I'm guessing that's why people want to bring him in.  I'm one of the few who would just throw Vaughn out there on opening day but I understand why people want to at least look at Kyle.

Whose the guy 

Just now, Rowand44 said:

He mashes righties and I'm guessing that's why people want to bring him in.  I'm one of the few who would just throw Vaughn out there on opening day but I understand why people want to at least look at Kyle.

Look at me!

4 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Absolutely. And he has some positional flexibility.

BUT, depending on how things go we could also take a flyer on Adam Duvall. Though doesn't help our issue vs lefties he'd add good power and plays an ok outfield if he replicates the slugging he had last year.

12 minutes ago, wegner said:

What the hell, Hahn....we could've gotten Lynn for a package with Yermin as the headliner?  Why are you so bad at your job??

Hell, he could've traded for Snell with Yermin as the headliner.  Needs to do a much better job.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Hell, he could've traded for Snell with Yermin as the headliner.  Needs to do a much better job.

Where's that guy willing to give Jerry the interview of his life?....we need someone in charge who knows what they are doing. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

He also has never played above A+. 

In general "oh no! We have a player mashing in AAA but already have this guy here" isn't really an issue for the white sox. It is probably a huge issue for Schwarber though!

I get the "he has never played above A+" thoughts, but that camp he played at last year, was essentially a AAA type of experience, plus a lot of high level prospects mixed in.  Especially the younger kids who were in the rookie to A range of teams talked about how much more talented the players were, how much better they had to be to win, and how much more intense it was than the usual lower affiliated ball teams are.  So while, yes, Vaughn didn't make the Winston Salen/Birmingham/Charlotte circuit that he should of done last year, he DID get a LOT of experience that he would have gotten in that year by being at that Schaumburg camp.

• Thanks 2

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I get the "he has never played above A+" thoughts, but that camp he played at last year, was essentially a AAA type of experience, plus a lot of high level prospects mixed in.  Especially the younger kids who were in the rookie to A range of teams talked about how much more talented the players were, how much better they had to be to win, and how much more intense it was than the usual lower affiliated ball teams are.  So while, yes, Vaughn didn't make the Winston Salen/Birmingham/Charlotte circuit that he should of done last year, he DID get a LOT of experience that he would have gotten in that year by being at that Schaumburg camp.

But we don't know what his numbers were like there beyond the general platitudes of the org liking him (but, the org was not likely to say they thought he was doing terrible, were they?)

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

But we don't know what his numbers were like there beyond the general platitudes of the org liking him (but, the org was not likely to say they thought he was doing terrible, were they?)

Seeing as the rumors about a call up where very hot and heavy even after the trade deadline, it feels like they believed in him.

• Thanks 1

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic