Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I always wondered how people get those specialized statements under their name. I don't see a way I can change mine. How is it done ?

Own SS2K5 or Kyle in an argument and yours will get changed very quickly. I speak with vast experience.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Haha 2

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Seeing as the rumors about a call up where very hot and heavy even after the trade deadline, it feels like they believed in him.

And yet, in the end, they didn't call him up. If you had a guy hitting .100, and no one knew that because guys weren't on camera and stats weren't recorded, and there was a chance you could trade the guy, you'd say the exact same stuff to keep his trade value up. 

He's probably close, but that's because he was close before last year, not because of anything they said this year.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

And yet, in the end, they didn't call him up. If you had a guy hitting .100, and no one knew that because guys weren't on camera and stats weren't recorded, and there was a chance you could trade the guy, you'd say the exact same stuff to keep his trade value up. 

He's probably close, but that's because he was close before last year, not because of anything they said this year.

There is a better chance they didn't call up him up because of dollars and control than because he wasn't hitting.  Why not that?  We know for a fact that the Sox do this to players.  They did it to Eloy, they did it to Robert, and they did it to Madrigal.  What makes Vaughn different?

• Thanks 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

There is a better chance they didn't call up him up because of dollars and control than because he wasn't hitting.  Why not that?  We know for a fact that the Sox do this to players.  They did it to Eloy, they did it to Robert, and they did it to Madrigal.  What makes Vaughn different?

Right around the time they were supposedly going to promote him, Edwin had a good game or two.  That’s what most likely prevented it.

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I always wondered how people get those specialized statements under their name. I don't see a way I can change mine. How is it done ?

You submit an application for change and we deny it.  That's the normal process

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Most happen during the gift giving and receiving season. 

Just now, Texsox said:

Most happen during the gift giving and receiving season. 

Ha none of you admins are very helpful but somewhat funny telling me it takes a bribe but you all seem to have your special names. Just thought it would be nice to have one I can pick after contributing to this place for about 1000 years now.

14 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Real Hendriks talk

Who are the other potential suitors for him?

If the rumored deal is 3/$39 million, I cannot see that many teams being willing to spend big on a closer in this market

That's a great question. Closer,  a position that TLR practically invented, seems to be that spot that no one is the potential suitor but everybody is. 

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ha none of you admins are very helpful but somewhat funny telling me it takes a bribe but you all seem to have your special names. Just thought it would be nice to have one I can pick after contributing to this place for about 1000 years now.

1,000 Year Contributor it is. 

It's like George trying to be T Bone or Howard becoming Fruit Loops lol

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You're a minor league manager and you'll like it.  

• Fire 1

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic