Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Now that's interesting.... But is it bad to say I'd rather have Eloy as full time LF and Ozuna DH?

Now that I think about it, what are the odds they both get injured?

I haven't seen Ozuna field much but didn't he win a GG? The idea he could be worse than Eloy in the field seems hard to believe.

• Haha 1

I still don't know how much to believe from not Steve cishek. He obviously messaged Passan about Dunning getting traded before anybody else had it. He also throws a ton of shit at the wall that doesn't happen. I wonder if all the BS that doesn't happen is a smokescreen so he doesn't burn his source?

JRs "budget" really puts Hahn in a bind. It sucks they had to forego Joc just to make Hendriks work financially with Eaton. 

Its like they are trying to address everything in a meaningful way while being basically budget neutral from last year, which is tough to do and IMO shouldn't be the case pandemic or no pandemic. If you really hit your championship window you should be able to spend. They starved the roster for like 3 years of money during the rebuild phase so there should be ample cash even after profits are doled out. They also have alot of the core guys on sweet team friendly deals.

Look what they saved:

Encarnacion 12m minus 1m buyout on declined option...savings 11m.

Cishek  6.75 minus 750k on declined option....savings 6m. 

Mazara, Rodon...thats what at least 8m in savings prolly? 

They have cut around 25m....added back in like 9m for Lynn and 7m for Eaton, so they are still at a net savings right now of around 8m...you can't tell me you couldnt have squeezed in 3m or 4m more for Joc and still given Hendriks 13m in any kind of reasonable world. You'll still have to pay for a LH DH later on with some power anyway so its not like you are really saving anything with Eaton over Joc. 

Its just stupid. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I still don't know how much to believe from not Steve cishek. He obviously messaged Passan about Dunning getting traded before anybody else had it. He also throws a ton of shit at the wall that doesn't happen. I wonder if all the BS that doesn't happen is a smokescreen so he doesn't burn his source?

A few insiders knew Dunning had been traded, but they didn’t know the other team involved.

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

So it's possible it was more BS from not Steve cishek? I thought he had dane Dunning getting traded before anybody. 

He did. Passan confirmed it. I believe there was a group text among the players that knew of Dunning being moved. Who knows where NSC got his info from, whether it was a FO personnel or a player themselves.

5 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

So it's possible it was more BS from not Steve cishek? I thought he had dane Dunning getting traded before anybody. 

There might have been other insiders who knew that Dunning was traded, but they were publicly available on Twitter. So Not Cishek would had to have direct ties to those insiders or a direct source itself to be able to call this before anyone else on Twitter.

8 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

No he legit heard about the trade, but it seems he didn’t know to which team.  There were others with the same information, so I wouldn’t really say he broke the news.

15 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Now that I think about it, what are the odds they both get injured?

I haven't seen Ozuna field much but didn't he win a GG? The idea he could be worse than Eloy in the field seems hard to believe.

He's pretty bad, the leaping on top of the wall then realizing a ball fell 20 feet in front of the warning track comes to mind.

13 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

JRs "budget" really puts Hahn in a bind. It sucks they had to forego Joc just to make Hendriks work financially with Eaton. 

Its like they are trying to address everything in a meaningful way while being basically budget neutral from last year, which is tough to do and IMO shouldn't be the case pandemic or no pandemic. If you really hit your championship window you should be able to spend. They starved the roster for like 3 years of money during the rebuild phase so there should be ample cash even after profits are doled out. They also have alot of the core guys on sweet team friendly deals.

Look what they saved:

Encarnacion 12m minus 1m buyout on declined option...savings 11m.

Cishek  6.75 minus 750k on declined option....savings 6m. 

Mazara, Rodon...thats what at least 8m in savings prolly? 

They have cut around 25m....added back in like 9m for Lynn and 7m for Eaton, so they are still at a net savings right now of around 8m...you can't tell me you couldnt have squeezed in 3m or 4m more for Joc and still given Hendriks 13m in any kind of reasonable world. You'll still have to pay for a LH DH later on with some power anyway so its not like you are really saving anything with Eaton over Joc. 

Its just stupid. 

Daily reminder our active roster is due big salary increases this year.

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

There might have been other insiders who knew that Dunning was traded, but they were publicly available on Twitter. So Not Cishek would had to have direct ties to those insiders or a direct source itself to be able to call this before anyone else on Twitter.

James Fox said in an interview the other day he heard from another great source on here that Dunning and Weems had been traded, but he didn’t want to report it out of respect to the players and that he couldn’t confirm to the which team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

James Fox said in an interview the other day he heard from another great source on here that Dunning and Weems had been traded, but he didn’t want to report it out of respect to the players and that he couldn’t confirm to the which team.

And Cheesy Beef mentioned a trade minutes before it happened but after it happened he gave context and said he knew Dunning was going to be traded but he thought it was between the Cubs and Rangers for a SP and RF. Somehow all these guys had this info. I wonder if they all have the same source.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

James has sources for sure. But if James did not break it out of respect to the players, NSC wouldn't have gotten it from him. So it either NSC shares the same source as James (not likely) or that he's getting it from another source who has an in.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

*puts on tinfoil hat and races over to that prospects thread where Weems was rated to see who was suggesting he was named so he would be moved*

Just now, MiddleCoastBias said:

*puts on tinfoil hat and races over to that prospects thread where Weems was rated to see who was suggesting he was named so he would be moved*

I made the joke that Sox fans would complain we traded a top ten prospect, but that was last week and well before the trade. 

8 minutes ago, Orlando said:

And Cheesy Beef mentioned a trade minutes before it happened but after it happened he gave context and said he knew Dunning was going to be traded but he thought it was between the Cubs and Rangers for a SP and RF. Somehow all these guys had this info. I wonder if they all have the same source.

Pal also mentioned a trade was possibly going down but with the Cubs. He also said Dunning was included.

Edited by maloney.adam

8 minutes ago, Orlando said:

The trade was likely done for awhile but not mentioned until Chris Young became official GM, which was only 12 hours before.

6 minutes ago, macsandz said:

Of course it was and he didn't. 

Ok so according to you:

Steve Stone doesn’t have info like people think he does (even though he has always been right)

and

The guy who literally had a move a couple of days ago is full of it.

Edited by Orlando

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Ok so according to you:

Steve Stone doesn’t have info like people think he does (even though he has always been right)

and

The guy who literally had a move a couple of days ago is full of it.

I trust Mac lol

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic