Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

2 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

They ended today. Typically the Rule 5 draft signifies the "end" of the meetings.

Thanks - yea, I’ve been so busy and unable to follow much I didn’t even know the rule 5 happened.

1 hour ago, NotHahn said:

What if Hahn=Peavy?

Funny because has anybody ever ACTUALLY SEEN Rick Hahn write something?  Sure he talks the very educated talk, keeps it real sharp and classy, but it’s entirely possible he writes and types like a total moron.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotHahn said:

What if Hahn=Peavy?

He created mayhem on this forum as a distraction once he knew the Sox wouldn't actually be able to afford Machado. The perfect crime. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Funny because has anybody ever ACTUALLY SEEN Rick Hahn write something?  Sure he talks the very educated talk, keeps it real sharp and classy, but it’s entirely possible he writes and types like a total moron.  

I've never actually seen him read anything either.  Pretty sure that means he can't read.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

They don't care person to person. But Ny success business needs to at least know where their customers stand. 

Yeah but you’d have to be a fool to think a small vocal minority is representative of the whole. If I believed that I’d have no hope for humanity left.

4 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Jacques Demers is functionally illiterate, but was a very successful coach (Two time Jack Adams Trophy winner and Montreal's last La Coupe Stanley) nearly three decades ago. Jacques also served as general manager in the NHL for the Tampa Bay Lightening, and later in Canada's Senate.

3 hours ago, Vulture said:

Yeah but you’d have to be a fool to think a small vocal minority is representative of the whole. If I believed that I’d have no hope for humanity left.

Well there are probably about 100k Sox fans/reporters that are online in some capacity on social media, or that call into talk shows. Companies use samples of people all the time (surveys),to guage public opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Baron said:

For those who don't want to click into the article bc of laziness or w.e. 

White Sox turn to Hendriks; bullpen market otherwise stagnant.

The Chicago White Sox are serious about upgrading the roster under new manager Tony La Russa, and now have free-agent reliever Liam Hendriks on their radar, as first reported by Bob Nightengale of USA Today.

Hendriks, 31, is the top available reliever and widely expected to command a lucrative multi-year deal. And after the White Sox passed on Michael Brantley to sign Adam Eaton to a one-year, $8 million deal, they are believed to have enough money left over to sign Hendriks.

“We feel the window to win championships,’’ White Sox general manager Rick Hahn told reporters Tuesday, “is open.’’

Hendriks headlines a market saturated with relievers and would address the White Sox’s need for a ninth-inning arm in a big way. But teams may be inclined to wait out the rest of the market so they can, in the words of one agent, “sign them for pennies on the dollar.”

“This month historically in baseball has been when teams are really ramping up and you’re starting to see clubs finalize what their team’s going to look like,” Cardinals president of baseball operations John Mozeliak told reporters this week. “I really feel like January is the new December as we move forward.”

The top options outside of Hendriks include Brad Hand, Alex Colomé, Blake Treinen and Trevor Rosenthal. Among the teams pursuing relievers, sources said, are the Angels, Toronto Blue Jays, Philadelphia Phillies, New York Mets, Boston Red Sox, Houston Astros, Chicago White Sox, Pittsburgh Pirates, Los Angeles Dodgers, Arizona Diamondbacks and Chicago Cubs.

Bernstein today had a long segment where he brought up a conversation he had with a Sox source. He said all the moves they made/make will only be for one year, and not to expect any multi-year big moves.  Seemed to imply they are considering waiting until the deadline for a closer.  Also said he was told the team would never sign someone to a mega-deal, as they don’t believe it’s worth it (Heyward was the example).  They do have money still to spend, but they’re too nervous about the pandemic to tie it up for more than 2021.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Bernstein today had a long segment where he brought up a conversation he had with a Sox source. He said all the moves they made/make will only be for one year, and not to expect any multi-year big moves.  Seemed to imply they are considering waiting until the deadline for a closer.  Also said he was told the team would never sign someone to a mega-deal, as they don’t believe it’s worth it (Heyward was the example).  They do have money still to spend, but they’re too nervous about the pandemic to tie it up for more than 2021.

That would seem to mean no extensions as well. That sucks. 

I did hear that segment. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic