Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

If you’re going that route at closer might as well just resign Colomé and go with the safer bet. Or sign someone like Petit to setup and go with Bummer

Colome isn’t a value play. You’ll end up paying a high price for a second tier closer?

11 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Brad Hand has equivalent surface stats, a strong track record, and much better peripherals than Colome. It doesn't have to be Hendriks or Colome if the Sox are set on having an established closer.

The question was if the Sox were going the budget route. Obviously there are better options

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Every team in baseball had the chance to acquire Hand for 1 year 10 million and passed on it. His next contract isn't going to break the bank.

Sure but I was saying signing Colomé would be preferable to Yates given his elbow issues, or looking for other options with injury issues that suppress their value, not that he was the best option available.

Edited by Vulture

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

His peripherals blow. Can't count on a low babip again. All it takes is those ground balls to start finding holes 

At some point “luck” becomes a skill. When you have 100+ innings of results you should probably doubt the stats.
Are you also predicting the demise of TA?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm assuming they are already at $17M at $9M for Lynn and $8M with Eaton including the buyout. Perhaps $20M if you include a bump in manager salary for LaRussa, plus Arizona legal costs / bribes.

$30M dropped of the books this year with Parrot, Herrera, Gonzalez and Mazara gone, so treading water vs. last year's $120M level (only $50M actually paid - Jerry still made money last season - open the books you lying POS), or $30M more? I guess time will tell.

Forgot Colome,McCann and Rodon.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I know his production has been good. Id never bet on him though.

This is what I think when I watch him. Completely mediocre fastball. Breaking stuff seems decent. Delivery looks deceptive, but I still can't believe the numbers he has put up with the stuff he has. 

20 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

This is what I think when I watch him. Completely mediocre fastball. Breaking stuff seems decent. Delivery looks deceptive, but I still can't believe the numbers he has put up with the stuff he has. 

He’s striking out 13/9 over the last five years.  What exactly is happening?  

5 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I remember watching brad hand pitch against the Sox and being completely underwhelmed by his stuff, mainly his fastball. His delivery looked pretty deceptive, though. His numbers are consistently solid.

Every time i watch him i think he sucks

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic