Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Hey you make enough takes off our threads you're bound to be right eventually!

We really ought to go all in on some player there is no way would get rumored about and see if it takes.

Wait maybe that's the jose de leon thread. Hmmm...maybe Petit. Realistic yet not mentioned a lot.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

We really ought to go all in on some player there is no way would get rumored about and see if it takes.

Wait maybe that's the jose de leon thread. Hmmm...maybe Petit. Realistic yet not mentioned a lot.

I think with enough of a semi-coordinated effort we could totally accomplish that.

14 minutes ago, Orlando said:

That’s the #1 insider on Twitter lol. You can take it to the bank. I’m going to guess Hendriks and Snell! He used the word splash.

Yeah Richards wouldn’t be much of a splash, but he’d be a perfect #4 starter for us.  Just can’t see us doing another big trade now that RF is filled.  Plus I really think they want to extend Lynn, so I can’t see us adding another starter to a multi-year commitment.  They’ll want to have two openings in the 2022 rotation for Kopech, Cease, Crochet, & Stiever.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah Richards wouldn’t be much of a splash, but he’d be a perfect #4 starter for us.  Just can’t see us doing another big trade now that RF is filled.  Plus I really think they want to extend Lynn, so I can’t see us adding another starter to a multi-year commitment.  They’ll want to have two openings in the 2022 rotation for Kopech, Cease, Crochet, & Stiever.

If Stiever isn't sitting around 94 mph+ this year in the minors, then idk if he's a prospect anymore. 

I think they want to extend Lynn too, which would make the loss of Dunning more palatable. 

The huge thing is if they can get Giolito locked up.....if there's something that would count as a "splash" I think that's it. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Stiever isn't sitting around 94 mph+ this year in the minors, then idk if he's a prospect anymore. 

I think they want to extend Lynn too, which would make the loss of Dunning more palatable. 

The huge thing is if they can get Giolito locked up.....if there's something that would count as a "splash" I think that's it. 

I’m not going to panic over how Stiever looked in a pandemic ridden season, but I do agree he needs to show more next year.

Extending Giolito needs to be one of our priorities, but my guess is if it happens it’s during spring training.  I think a Lynn extension is more likely to happen this winter.

29 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Quintana > Richards

2 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Well, this is about as vague as you can get while covering your own ass

Yeah, it's so easy to see these guys are complete frauds. He stole it from Steve Stone, anyway

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

6 hours ago, Vulture said:

Stone twitted a reply dec.13 to the question what do you think are the odds Sox will make a bigger move than Eaton and Lynn for Christmas? “They are trying to get everybody you want.” Sorry can’t embed

🤔

Has to be Hendricks.

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic