Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Kopech will be the #4 starter in the playoffs, unless Katz unlocks Cease. Kopech is too good to push into the 8th When Bummer/Crochet/Heuer are all nasty already. 

The management of Kopech is the most interesting component of 2021 imo. 

It depends on his innings obviously.  And I think Cease takes a major leap next year under Katz and cements himself in that #4 spot.

This is definitely something I haven't seen suggested  after seeing this in Rotoworld:

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts told reporters on Thursday that he is unsure if David Price will return to pitch in 2021. https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/player/18660/david-price?source=trending

Dodgers clearly don't need him . He'll be 36 in August. He forfeited his pro-rated salary last year when he sat out 2020.

Dodgers are paying him $16M for 2021 and 2022 while the Red Sox pay an equal amount.

Would the White Sox be interested if the Dodgers paid half his salary ? That would be a 2 year @$8M a year deal. I have no idea what the Dodgers might want in return and there would have to be a guarantee from Price he won't sit out again. Price has made a lot of money in his career so maybe he isn't all that motivated to return after sampling a full year of family life . Also have to consider he could retire soon or even after a year of pitching with the Sox.

Sox probably wouldn't go for it, depending on the return ,unless the starting pitchers they could also be looking at on the FA market are all seeking multiple year deals.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Fry is still a guy I think can come in suddenly dominant. And Foster feels like the guy that regresses but obviously nothing is written in stone. Both could be terrible. Both good.

Add in an *Elias to the middle bullpen and that is a lot of insurance in a good set of guys

still an experiment

18 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Kopech will be the #4 starter in the playoffs, unless Katz unlocks Cease. Kopech is too good to push into the 8th When Bummer/Crochet/Heuer are all nasty already. 

The management of Kopech is the most interesting component of 2021 imo. 

It'll definitely be interesting. I'm excited to see how Kopech pitches.  It's also probably too early to start guessing who will be starting playoff games. At this time last year, would anybody have guessed Dunning would be starting a win-or-go-home playoff game in the first round? Kopech could be lights out as a starter for us at the end of the year (similar to Crochet this year, only as a starter) and get a chance to start one of the first three games of a playoff series. Or he could struggle as a starter and be used in the bullpen.

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Brantley is getting a multi-year contract at $12M+ per year.  Schwarber will likely get 1/$7M or less.

I see from your posting times that you're getting as little sleep as I am! Sleep deprivation squad. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I just want to reiterate as we get used to the bore of FA waiting to the point we even remember what it's about:

If we do get a Hendriks

and he's of the quality of the last two years

Going into a playoff series with Hendriks, Bummer and Crochet, 3 guys that can be multi-inning fireman, is sick as hell.

I get it but relievers are so volatile I'd rather see them use that money to strengthen the rotation especially if they can get a good deal on a guy like Tanaka or Odorizzi.  Then they can sign someone like Archie Bradley.  That would make a pretty damn good pitching staff. 

41 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is definitely something I haven't seen suggested  after seeing this in Rotoworld:

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts told reporters on Thursday that he is unsure if David Price will return to pitch in 2021. https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/player/18660/david-price?source=trending

Dodgers clearly don't need him . He'll be 36 in August. He forfeited his pro-rated salary last year when he sat out 2020.

Dodgers are paying him $16M for 2021 and 2022 while the Red Sox pay an equal amount.

Would the White Sox be interested if the Dodgers paid half his salary ? That would be a 2 year @$8M a year deal. I have no idea what the Dodgers might want in return and there would have to be a guarantee from Price he won't sit out again. Price has made a lot of money in his career so maybe he isn't all that motivated to return after sampling a full year of family life . Also have to consider he could retire soon or even after a year of pitching with the Sox.

Sox probably wouldn't go for it, depending on the return ,unless the starting pitchers they could also be looking at on the FA market are all seeking multiple year deals.

Had a lot of media issues in Boston. Not sure how many clubhouse issues he had. I think he could be a negative for a young team 

1 hour ago, Sox80 said:

Lol. Not what I was asking for at all .

Oh really? I had no idea. 🙄

Lets just say I'm tall enough for your implied short joke to merely make you look like a d and not offend me in the process. Continue on there champ. 

How old are you? 12?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lets just say I'm tall enough for your implied short joke to merely make you look like a d and not offend me in the process. Continue on there champ. 

How old are you? 12?

How about you fucking ignore it and stop escalating it

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Nothing I like more than meatball superlatives. Sign me up. 

12 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

"leader, winner, clutch vet, professional, class act"

Can this be quanitified or proven true, specifically for Brantley?

Okay so I went wee bit overboard with my gushing. But with all due respect, if you do the same research I did (stats/splits/interviews) you would understand why.

27 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I get it but relievers are so volatile I'd rather see them use that money to strengthen the rotation especially if they can get a good deal on a guy like Tanaka or Odorizzi.  Then they can sign someone like Archie Bradley.  That would make a pretty damn good pitching staff. 

I don't disagree, although I'm kinda out on Bradley there are other guys I'd go after.

But I also get it, and it really is hard not to look at Hendriks numbers that were so much better that what else is available and think you might get it for an easy sum this year.

15 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

How about you fucking ignore it and stop escalating it

Stop escalating? Lol the guy posts to me out of left field and me responding is the problem. Got it pal. I'll make your job easier as this isn't enjoyable for me with a barrage of trolls that apparently I should never respond to; as if I don't ignore 90% of them. Have a good holiday and best of luck.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How old are you? 12?

Sounds like someone can dish it out and not take.  My mistake no jokes with you.  Moving on. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Stop escalating? Lol the guy posts to me out of left field and me responding is the problem. Got it pal. I'll make your job easier as this isn't enjoyable for me with a barrage of trolls that apparently I should never respond to; as if I don't ignore 90% of them. Have a good holiday and best of luck.

You anticipate an insult and start handing them out before it even happens, in every thread.  This shit is tired dude, grow up 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 3

39 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

We should be doing both, but you know.

51 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Had a lot of media issues in Boston. Not sure how many clubhouse issues he had. I think he could be a negative for a young team 

The least of my concerns. If he can still pitch is first.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2020-05-29/david-price-donates-1000-to-each-dodgers-minor-league-player-june

https://dodgersway.com/2020/06/09/dodgers-david-price-discusses-donation-minor-leaguers/

https://dodgersway.com/2020/06/04/dodgers-david-price-minor-leaguer-grateful/

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't disagree, although I'm kinda out on Bradley there are other guys I'd go after.

But I also get it, and it really is hard not to look at Hendriks numbers that were so much better that what else is available and think you might get it for an easy sum this year.

It doesn't sound like it's going to be an easy sum.  4 years for a reliever is outragous. 

I like Bradley.  He has good stuff and closing experience.  I think there's another gear in there too.  He's the type of guy that can catch fire and throw the absolute shit out of it for a year Cliff Politte style.  

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic