Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

10 minutes ago, Rounding_Third said:

Funny, was just looking at his stats.  Yeah, not bad.  Defensively, and a bit more expensive, the coup de grace would be Avila.  That dude can still bring it!  Knows AL & central real well, too. .... as does Romine.  

I brought up Romine last year in-season as an option if/when McCann leaves. He also seems to kill Sox pitching

37 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

@raBBit - Maybe I’m reading this wrong, but you seem to be implying that the Sox might make another big trade?  If so, what position would they be targeting?  The only thing I can think of is a SP like Musgrove.  Every other hole could be filled with cheap, semi-interesting options.

If the convert on Hendriks, there is a lot of talk they are about tapped financially but also not done with the offseason. Maybe they ultimately go cheaper on the SP on the FA front, but definitely trade rumors swirling. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, raBBit said:

If the convert on Hendriks, there is a lot of talk they are about tapped financially but also not done with the offseason. Maybe they ultimately go cheaper on the SP on the FA front, but definitely trade rumors swirling. 

Thanks raBBit.  Any specific names you’re hearing on the trade front?

Would still rather have Colome. Both guys are free agents with no compensation involved.

Colome has never had a bad year in his career. Hendricks has had many. Not many relief guys are as consistent as Colome.

To me that suggests he has a true out pitch.

8 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I would love to finish the offseason with Hendriks, a Musgrove trade, and a LH bat. 

Edited by SoxBlanco

14 minutes ago, raBBit said:

No need to be tapped out after Liam. They need to finish this rebuild off correctly. Get Liam, a Q quality starter or trade for one, and LH DH bat and see how far we can take this. 

13 minutes ago, zisk said:

Would still rather have Colome. Both guys are free agents with no compensation involved.

Colome has never had a bad year in his career. Hendricks has had many. Not many relief guys are as consistent as Colome.

To me that suggests he has a true out pitch.

Bold statement.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

Romine has some positional versatility as well. 

Maybe Hahn trades for Pedro Severino and brings the Soxtalk house down

I’m thinking Stallings if they go after Musgrove or even Adam Frazier for their lefty versatile player 

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

No need to be tapped out after Liam. They need to finish this rebuild off correctly. Get Liam, a Q quality starter or trade for one, and LH DH bat and see how far we can take this. 

One report I saw right after Lynn & Eaton deals had their 2021 payroll ~$17m below 2020's.  They should be able to sign Liam, LH DH, SP, and vet C for < $25m, an increase of ~$10m over last year.  Get er done! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rounding_Third said:

I hate to disappoint you but they will NEVER spend that kind of money.  Not sure what Sox world you live in but their all in window has started.

You are discussing 2 different topics. I agree their window is open. However I disagree they are all in.

44 minutes ago, raBBit said:

It’s ridiculous that they’d be tapped financially. This gives me absolutely zero hope for the future of this team, Jerry won’t do whatever it takes to win a World Series. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, raBBit said:

If true than this may be what Cheesy Beef was referring to yesterday. Maybe they are at the point that they want to sign Hendriks at any cost?

5 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

It’s ridiculous that they’d be tapped financially. This gives me absolutely zero hope for the future of this team, Jerry won’t do whatever it takes to win a World Series. 

It’s Jerry, he doesn’t care about winning. Only making $$

• Thanks 1

So if we’re sitting at $109M and you believe the following, we’d have between $26M & $31M to work with.  Assume Hendriks takes $13M of that to be conservative and that leaves about $13M to $18M for another SP and positional depth.

If you take the higher end, you can probably add a decent SP & a guy like La Stella and not have to trade to fill holes.  But if you’re on the lower end and/or want a veteran backup catcher, things will quickly become tight.

It’s really going to be a shame if we start trading our limited assets for C tier guys that we should be able to sign for just money.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So if we’re sitting at $109M and you believe the following, we’d have between $26M & $31M to work with.  Assume Hendriks takes $13M of that to be conservative and that leaves about $13M to $18M for another SP and positional depth.

If you take the higher end, you can probably add a decent SP & a guy like La Stella and not have to trade to fill holes.  But if you’re on the lower end and/or want a veteran backup catcher, things will quickly become tight.

It’s really going to be a shame if we start trading our limited assets for C tier guys that we should be able to sign for just money.

They're not at 109M, they're at 119-120M. 

The 109M does not take into account arbitration salaries, which would be another 10M or so. 

Which means that if they sign Hendriks, they're pretty much done with free agents. 

I wonder if the Sox would consider calling the Cubs up about Zach Davies? He could fill in nicely for that extra starter they need, and they're only on the hook for this coming season, if Jerry is worried about longterm commitments. He makes 8.5 mil in 2021 it looks like.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

They're not at 109M, they're at 119-120M. 

The 109M does not take into account arbitration salaries, which would be another 10M or so. 

Which means that if they sign Hendriks, they're pretty much done with free agents. 

The $109M does take into account arbitration salaries.  The only things I’m excluding are signing bonuses from previous years (non cash) and $2M in dead money for Herrera & Konerko.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The $109M does take into account arbitration salaries.  The only things I’m excluding are signing bonuses from previous years (non cash) and $2M in dead money for Herrera & Konerko.

Are you sure? everything I've seen is that they're around 118-120M right now. If they're really closer to $110M and the budget is $135-140 that's huge. 

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic