Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

15 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

don't worry, you'll see the Met's or some other idiot team pony up 100 million. There's a sucker born every minute. The Met's new owner wants to make a BIG splash. 

Dodgers, Padres, Yanks and Red Sox and maybe even the Angels will spend that much. Look at how stupid the Cubs were bidding against themselves for Heyward. 

Hendricks is a bargain at 2 years 40 million in todays climate. 

Nobody has pulled the big trigger because nobody knows if fans will be in the stands to buy those $9/$10 beers and $8 hotdogs. 

As soon as we are vaccinated and can spend money, then you'll see the contracts get doled out. 

Maybe what would be a $100 million contract becomes 50 million because of no fans. Or a prorated contract for this year and then escalates for 2022 and forward. 

Think of it this way, 2021 15 million, 2022 30 million and so on. 15 million with no fans is like paying out 25 or 30 with fans. 

By the beginning of Spring Training we'll know more

No.

Hell no.

And I believe you would get your ass kicked for that.

And just to be clear, it ain't happenin.

11 hours ago, RagahRagah said:

Sounds like there's gonna be no second part of this window. They will clean out the young pitching for 2021-2023. JR and TLR won't be around after that so they don't give a damn about anything after 2023. 

and you feel this way this based upon?

32 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Really weird, not sure how you attached my name to someone else's quote; I never said that.

My bad. It looks as though we were both responding to SoCalChiSox (below) and I clicked on your response by mistake.

18 hours ago,  SoCalChiSox said: 

I'm really spooked by rabbits twitter post. I dont like this idea of draining the farm just cause they don't want to spend so if thats the plan to compensate for blowing our wad all on Hendriks then I'd rather pass on Hendriks if that is gonna be what they will do to "buy" a SP and a LH bat. 

Sounds like there's gonna be no second part of this window. They will clean out the young pitching for 2021-2023. JR and TLR won't be around after that so they don't give a damn about anything after 2023. 

This is so stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flash said:

My bad. It looks as though we were both responding to SoCalChiSox (below) and I clicked on your response by mistake.

18 hours ago,  SoCalChiSox said: 

I'm really spooked by rabbits twitter post. I dont like this idea of draining the farm just cause they don't want to spend so if thats the plan to compensate for blowing our wad all on Hendriks then I'd rather pass on Hendriks if that is gonna be what they will do to "buy" a SP and a LH bat. 

This is so stupid. 

TBH though I can't say I disagree with the post.

Saw this this morning on YardBarker also. Went to MLB Trade Rumors but no mention. 

Not sure if a relationship with La Russa is enough to get him over to us but who knows, stranger things have happened. 

If this DOES HAPPEN, it would be great, then the only MAJOR HOLE I see is who's our #4 or #5 starters. Cease, Kopech and Lopez are currently our choices. 

Don't believe Crochet would be stretched out enough until maybe after the ALL STAR break, if ne exists this year. 

Kopech has to get his head straightened out after what happened in his marriage, Cease may just need more time and who knows which Lopez shows up.

Q or Ordorizzi or Musgrove wouln't hurt. DH can be filled by Collins or Vaughn or by some miracle Brantley or even Schwarber LOL. 

During the winter of 2013-2014, Hendriks was one of those guys that went for a ride with waiver claims. He was claimed 3 times, including once by the Cubs. Nice job by him to go from filler who is being passed around, to getting paid.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

During the winter of 2013-2014, Hendriks was one of those guys that went for a ride with waiver claims. He was claimed 3 times, including once by the Cubs. Nice job by him to go from filler who is being passed around, to getting paid.

no doubt. Always good to see the underdog do well. 

52 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Saw this this morning on YardBarker also. Went to MLB Trade Rumors but no mention. 

Not sure if a relationship with La Russa is enough to get him over to us but who knows, stranger things have happened. 

If this DOES HAPPEN, it would be great, then the only MAJOR HOLE I see is who's our #4 or #5 starters. Cease, Kopech and Lopez are currently our choices. 

Don't believe Crochet would be stretched out enough until maybe after the ALL STAR break, if ne exists this year. 

Kopech has to get his head straightened out after what happened in his marriage, Cease may just need more time and who knows which Lopez shows up.

Q or Ordorizzi or Musgrove wouln't hurt. DH can be filled by Collins or Vaughn or by some miracle Brantley or even Schwarber LOL. 

Crochet will not be stretched out this year.  Lopez is a RP now.

1 hour ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Katz has a chance to really make a name for himself with pupils like Cease & Kopech.  Starting to warm to the idea of Schwarber which at first I was dead set against.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, sounds like he's about to sign with Toronto. 

While I'm definitely not going to jump to any conclusions,  I'm literally never going to be hanging my hat on any big free agent signing with the Sox. Anyone who does is foolish.

Just now, RagahRagah said:

While I'm definitely not going to jump to any conclusions,  I'm literally never going to be hanging my hat on any big free agent signing with the Sox. Anyone who does is foolish.

I think it’s more I doubt their ability to win a  bidding war. They will offer what they deem is fair and if it requires extensive negotiations, that’s when they lose ground.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think it’s more I doubt their ability to win a  bidding war. They will offer what they deem is fair and if it requires extensive negotiations, that’s when they lose ground.

I think it's at least a debatable point. I sometimes actually do wonder if they are actually even trying with some of these big names. They just never seem to want to play in the big end of the pool. And the one time they actually did, the person they were offering to went somewhere else for less money. (Although Wheeler really wasn't even in the deep end, really)

The White Sox are such a bush league franchise.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Love 1

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic