Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Dick Allen said:

It might work on some other team. If the White Sox haven't bid enough for him by now, chances are, they aren't getting him.

The greatest scam on the planet is JR forcing the hire of an Octogenarian as a win now play.  Then only to tighten up the purse strings talking about how money is now tight.  The next play in his grand scheme will be to have a forced labor stoppage and he can avoid paying payroll altogether.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

So who's next... Colume? Brad Hand?

Who is around for the 1 to 4 million dollar range for the least amount of years.  Doesnt matter if their shoulder is in tact or they pitched for years.  As long as they have technically have closed an MLB baseball game at some point.  They could be 40 years old.  

7 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

The greatest scam on the planet is JR forcing the hire of an Octogenarian as a win now play.  Then only to tighten up the purse strings talking about how money is now tight.  The next play in his grand scheme will be to have a forced labor stoppage and he can avoid paying payroll altogether.   

I was reading something somewhere that the MLB owners were considering using force majeure to negotiate a new CBA before the 2021 season, thus creating a lockout situation. I have no idea how the courts would view that but it could kill the 2021 season before it starts. 

I imagine Jerry is one of the leaders of that charge. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I was reading something somewhere that the MLB owners were considering using force majeure to negotiate a new CBA before the 2021 season, thus creating a lockout situation. I have no idea how the courts would view that but it could kill the 2021 season before it starts. 

I imagine Jerry is one of the leaders of that charge. 

tenor.gif

Well JR remembers how profitable 1994 was for him in the long run.  The fans eventually kind of came back.  Plus who needs first place teams anyways.  2nd place keeps the suckers, I mean fans, coming back for more.  

• Love 4

4 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

tenor.gif

Well JR remembers how profitable 1994 was for him in the long run.  The fans eventually kind of came back.  Plus who needs first place teams anyways.  2nd place keeps the suckers, I mean fans, coming back for more.  

Do you think 1994 was more profitable for him than 2005?

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Tim Beckham is black.. unless he did a Michael Jackson switcharoo. Quit making everything about race, its nauseating

They agreed to sign Beckham and he passed the physical before the LaRussa announcement. LaRussa's views on race and his criminal behavior are nauseating.

I hope the White Sox post the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission contact information in their clubhouse and front office.

https://www.eeoc.gov/field-office/chicago/location Phone (312) 872-9744

If you believe you have been subjected to employment discrimination, please access the online Public Portal here.  You will be asked to answer a series of questions about your employment situation, and where applicable, be directed to schedule a telephone interview with an investigator.  You must have access to the internet and an e-mail address to use the Public Portal.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

He probably met with the Sox already or will in the next few days. I'm not putting much stock in him visiting Toronto just yet, other than there is interest. Players take visits during free agency all the time. 

He's played for Toronto and his offseason home is in Florida, so there's a decent chance it's around Dunedin. 

If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. Which is to say - I feel like most of these "top-tier" closer type deals don't work out. I'm not getting very hung up either way. I mean we won a championship with Dustin Hermanson, Cliff Polite, and Takatsu, etc. before Big Bad Bobby stepped in. As we saw with Crochet this year, you can find a shut down guy like that in house. Not saying Hendriks wouldn't be nice - but were not the type of organization to sign "extra pieces" to supplement an already strong team, nor are we one to give market level contracts out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

I read "octogenarian" as "orangutan" and honestly it feels accurate:

tlr.jpg

oran.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. Which is to say - I feel like most of these "top-tier" closer type deals don't work out. I'm not getting very hung up either way. I mean we won a championship with Dustin Hermanson, Cliff Polite, and Takatsu, etc. before Big Bad Bobby stepped in. As we saw with Crochet this year, you can find a shut down guy like that in house. Not saying Hendriks wouldn't be nice - but were not the type of organization to sign "extra pieces" to supplement an already strong team, nor are we one to give market level contracts out. 

As great as Crochet looked, he still has 5 career innings and an elbow andshoulder whose even short term health is questionable. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Let's see, the last world series teams - the Dodgers with Jansen, the Nats with Hudson who basically saved their bullpen l (My god was that only 14 months ago?), The Red Sox with the last good remnants of Kimbrel, The Astros had Ken Giles - who struggled with them but then regained value with Torotno, The Cubs with Chapman, the Royals with OMG EVERYONE IN THEIR BULLPEN. Maybe the money doesn't work out, but having that arm in the pen...has.

• Like 1

Just since I haven't seen anyone say this - you almost have to take a visit to the Blue Jays if they're even on the list, to try to figure out what the season will look like if Canada keeps the US under complete quarantine (as they should).

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Let's see, the last world series teams - the Dodgers with Jansen, the Nats with Hudson who basically saved their bullpen l (My god was that only 14 months ago?), The Red Sox with the last good remnants of Kimbrel, The Astros had Ken Giles - who struggled with them but then regained value with Torotno, The Cubs with Chapman, the Royals with OMG EVERYONE IN THEIR BULLPEN. Maybe the money doesn't work out, but having that arm in the pen...has.

Is Jansen a good example or a cautionary tale?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, even more so than Dallas Keuchel in Game 2

Year Age Tm Lg Series Rslt Opp W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP H9 HR9 BB9 SO9 SO/W WPA cWPA
2020 30 SDP NL NLWC W STL 0 0   6.00 3 0 3 0 0 1 3.0 3 2 2 1 3 0 5 0 0 0 15 2.000 9.0 3.0 9.0 15.0 1.67 0.02 0.2%
2020 30 SDP NL NLDS L LAD 0 0   36.00 1 0 1 0 0 0 1.0 2 4 4 0 2 0 1 1 0 0 8 4.000 18.0 0.0 18.0 9.0 0.50 -0.01 -0.1%

Old white guys Tony can remember seems to be the lone player acquisition philosophy since A.J. Hinch Tony LaRussa was hired.

Jerry aims to please.

He is younger than Hendricks.

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic