Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, tray said:

Why not wait for the trading deadline to add a Closer

Why lose games earlier in the year playing with a closer by committee.  It's only money to sign someone now.  At the deadline we are trading away from an already thin top heavy farm system.  

Just now, Dick Allen said:

So they are telling us this isn't about money but everything is being left up to the agent to come up with finalists. OK.

Weeks and weeks ago, Beef posted a video of Hendriks saying this. It sounds dumb but it came directly from Hendriks

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Yeah looks like it got deleted. Maybe the Sox don’t want people to know they upped their offer?

I’m sure they don’t, but my guess is Beef either said a little too much that could put him out of favor with his source or he’s throwing some extra shit against the wall and is worried he’ll get outed on certain details (such as this visit with the Sox).

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

So they are telling us this isn't about money but everything is being left up to the agent to come up with finalists. OK.

I look at it like this:

Money is certainly a factor while determining the finalists. If a team isn’t willing to pay what the agent is asking for, they won’t be a finalist.

But once the finalists are determined, Hendriks will make a choice among them that will not be based on which offer is the highest. 

Hopefully LH signs with TOR.

I dont want to blow up the second part of the window because they are cheap. 

Add Rosenthal or whatever for a year or two. Bummer can be the closer and Heuer can be the setup. Im perfectly fine with that. 

If JR isnt going to pay for pitching with money now, they sure as he'll won't in 2023 either, so we need Dahlquist, Kelley, Thompson etc then to replace Keuchel, etc and maybe even Giolito if he wants to test FA. We NEED that second stream of talent. 

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Add Rosenthal or whatever for a year or two. Bummer can be the closer and Heuer can be the setup. Im perfectly fine with that. 

If JR isnt going to pay for pitching with money now, they sure as he'll won't in 2023 either, so we need Dahlquist, Kelley, Thompson etc then to replace Keuchel, etc and maybe even Giolito if he wants to test FA. We NEED that second stream of talent. 

What does Hendriks have to do with the second stream of talent? It’s not like the Sox would have to trade for him.

13 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I’m not seeing the connection between Hendriks and giving up the next wave of pitchers.

16 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Guess what, Dahlquist, Kelley and Thompson are lottery tickets.  If your plan is never to spend because the owner is cheap then you might as well blow this up and rebuild forever.  Hopefully the guys you mention provide some value.  But to put your hopes on that they are eventual replacements for guys like Giolito is a bit of a stretch.  And if we cant resign guys like Giolito then we are fucked.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 1

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic