Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

51 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

100%. Tony has been active, vocal and recruiting like crazy. He’s a big reason why coaching staff is so solid, Lynn is here and he’ll be a big reason why Hendriks is here if they sign him too. 

Certain posters here when the sox sign good players and hear Tony was a positive in the process:

8d0bvbtcarx21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Orlando said:

That’s true. I guess there is more competition in the East. I just don’t buy that the Sox as currently constructed are that much better than some of the other teams involved.

Add a left-handed bat to the mix and the lineup is as good as any in the AL.  Add Hendriks and you have one of the best bullpens on paper.  Plus we already have three starters who finished in the top 10 for AL Cy Young along with two young arms that were previously top 30 prospects.  Add another good starter (say Musgrove) and suddenly this team is in the discussion for best in the AL.  The Blue Jays could get there too eventually, but I think we are clearly farther ahead of them at this time.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

40 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Certain posters here when the sox sign good players and hear Tony was a positive in the process:

8d0bvbtcarx21.jpg

Or when they found out our players spoke with him and are ready to roll with him. 

I'm convinced most fans want us to fail just to be right about TLR and Jerry. 

Edited by SonofaRoache
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I know people think the Sox are the better bet for Hendriks talent wise but are they really that much better than Toronto? Especially if Toronto gets a few big fish?

Yes, even if they add Springer and Bauer I'd still take the White Sox Roster and more important their division competition. 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We are a title contender right now and only have a couple of holes left to fill.  If Jerry is unwilling to spend big on a Bauer or Springer, the next best move is building the strongest bullpen possible.  I get the risk that comes with reliever contracts, but Hendriks is a potential game-changer come October and is worth rolling the dice on IMO.

I agree that we are a contender right now.  We are in the enviable position of improving our current good club by making relatively doable moves.  Find a reliable SP, a good RP, perhaps a DH.  Obviously the better the player the greater the cost.  We keep discussing a half-dozen players in each area of need that at a minimum would improve the club further.  If we offer  Hendriks 14 million for 4 years and sign him...half the forum will scream the FO got screwed.  If he signed elsewhere...half the forum scream that we need to get rid of cheap old JR.  I want us to make realistic offers for good solid guys to add to an already great team.  If Bauer and/or Springer can get the numbers being discussed for them I don't want them.  If Hendriks can get 4 years at 15 million...I don't want him.  Colome, Q, and Vaughn will get us to the playoffs and beyond.  Get us better than those three names...so much the better.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Or when they found out our players spoke with him and are ready to roll with him. 

I'm convinced most fans want us to fail just to be right about TLR and Jerry. 

The players don't have much choice other than to roll with him. I HIGHLY doubt that anyone here wants this team to implode after being a complete dumpster fire for more than a decade. You can want the team to succeed (WE ALL DO) and be dissatisfied with how other aspects of the club are run/operating.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

The players don't have much choice other than to roll with him. I HIGHLY doubt that anyone here wants this team to implode after being a complete dumpster fire for more than a decade. You can want the team to succeed (WE ALL DO) and be dissatisfied with how other aspects of the club are run/operating.

This isn't what was said. Apparently all of the players were demanding trades and wouldn't speak. People mad, they are real mad. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Orlando said:

Who is Aaron Leming and does this add to Beef’s credibility or is it nothing?

Beef is currently whining on Twitter because people are questioning him btw.

He's a poster here and a fantastic source for Bears news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Where does it say he’s more comfortable with Toronto? (I haven’t read all the tweets today)

And he will go to whoever will give him the most money and the 4th year.

It doesn’t say anywhere that he’s more comfortable in Toronto but Al’s tweeted that he is going to base his decision on comfort so that leads me to believe that he will choose Toronto based off everything I have posted in regards to his wife being from Canada, him playing for the Blue Jays already and the Spring Training facility being close to his home in Florida. It just makes sense for him to sign there but who knows. 

Edited by maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

It doesn’t say anywhere that he’s more comfortable in Toronto but Al’s tweeted that he is going to base his decision in comfort so that leads me to believe that he will choose Toronto based off everything I have posted in regards to his wife being from Canada, him playing for the Blue Jays already and the Spring Training facility close to his home in Florida. It just makes sense for him to sign there but who knows. 

Someone should tell him Ontario has a ban on Pit Bulls. He's a supporter of the Players for Pits foundation. Think of the dogs, Liam! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

It doesn’t say anywhere that he’s more comfortable in Toronto but Al’s tweeted that he is going to base his decision on comfort so that leads me to believe that he will choose Toronto based off everything I have posted in regards to his wife being from Canada, him playing for the Blue Jays already and the Spring Training facility being close to his home in Florida. It just makes sense for him to sign there but who knows. 

Man, you went from telling people to be patient to completely convinced he's not signing here in like 2 hours, based on conjecture. The Hot Stove roller coaster really got you on edge.

One day, they should make a documentary about ACB’s lone “source” in the White Sox org.  What kind of weird life has the source led to develop this relationship with ACB?  And now even more weirdly, making it his personal mission to feed any inside information he gets to his special friend/pet.

If it’s a real thing happening, it’s just funny to think about the actual dynamic. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

One day, they should make a documentary about ACB’s lone “source” in the White Sox org.  What kind of weird life has the source led to develop this relationship with ACB?  And now even more weirdly, making it his personal mission to feed any inside information he gets to his special friend/pet.

If it’s a real thing happening, it’s just funny to think about the actual dynamic. 

Somehow I doubt the dramatic twists could equal Tiger King... but real life is often stranger than fiction, right? 

18 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

😂😂 I’d watch it. I think he’s mentioned his “source” before but he could be lying about the real dynamic. Maybe he is the actual source himself 👀

41 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Somehow I doubt the dramatic twists could equal Tiger King... but real life is often stranger than fiction, right? 

I am hoping meth is very prominent in the anonymous MLB Twitter insider community.  

• Haha 1

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic