Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

34 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I think Hand is fine, but the worry I have with him is that whenever he loses it he's REALLY going to lose it and just be toast. That probably won't be next year though.

If that happens though at least it won’t be a hard contract to lose. But I feel like Hendriks will still be excellent next year and may be worth it

1 hour ago, quickman said:

Well the Sox could have had Hand for 1 year 10 million and be done. But all teams passed on that deal so his market most likely has to be around 8 million. 

Bingo. 

Hand is likely to get less than most think. Under normal circumstances his 1/$10 million contract would be picked up by some club looking for bullpen help. 

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Is anybody else getting the impression that something may happen either later today or tomorrow with all the information that has been tweeted today?

I think this week looks like a good bet. I am still believing Hendriks.

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Is anybody else getting the impression that something is going to happen either later today or tomorrow with all the information that has been tweeted today?

There's always days where there's a crap ton of "leaks" or stuff getting thrown around and nothing happens.  Doesn't mean something won't obviously but you just never know.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

If he does a podcast with Kipnis, Aloha Mr. Hand.

Aloha isn't one of those words that means one thing. Most think it can mean hello or goodbye but the locals use it both ways not to say hello or goodbye but love peace and compassion . It isnt always appropriate to use it all the time since you might not be happy to see someone and it weakens the true concept of the word  :P

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Don’t know, but Coop made every guy get rid of his curveball for somereason.

Because it's harder to control and harder to get called for strikes. Umps miss uncle Charlie more than other pitches

The idea of Hand + Colome is a whole lot better than anything involving multiple years with Hendriks.  IMO both of these guys should, at most, cost like 2 years guaranteed with options with buyouts on the 3rd year, and probably $6M low end to $9M high end.  I would guess Hand is about 3/21 best but maybe he would go 2/15 with another $2M in a buyout and Colome should be available for 2/18 maybe with a $10M year 3 option and a $2M buyout.  Just going off of those guesses, it would be like 16.5/16.5/4 guaranteed over 3 years which is only a bit more than Hendriks per year up front with no nasty back end.  

I think that's pretty responsible.  Hendriks is irresponsible and unnecessary.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

The idea of Hand + Colome is a whole lot better than anything involving multiple years with Hendriks.  IMO both of these guys should, at most, cost like 2 years guaranteed with options with buyouts on the 3rd year, and probably $6M low end to $9M high end.  I would guess Hand is about 3/21 best but maybe he would go 2/15 with another $2M in a buyout and Colome should be available for 2/18 maybe with a $10M year 3 option and a $2M buyout.  Just going off of those guesses, it would be like 16.5/16.5/4 guaranteed over 3 years which is only a bit more than Hendriks per year up front with no nasty back end.  

I think that's pretty responsible.  Hendriks is irresponsible and unnecessary.  

I don’t necessarily disagree, but it isn’t just hand/colome or Hendricks. It’s hand/colome or Hendricks/other roster spot. They can make an upside signing for cheap, fill internally, etc. So it isn’t we can have these two guys or this one guy. It’s we can have these two guys or this guy plus an open roster spot. 

this applies more with platoon scenarios than bullpen, just something I wanted to mention. As I said, I don’t disagree. I’d be happy with either. 

I admit, I can’t look away from the fake insiders on Twitter (besides that Shins guy, f that guy lol), but Al’s Cheese tweets about Hendriks are getting really bad.  What the hell is he even saying anymore. 

Also, most of the “insiders” seem to using somewhat of a blueprint for how the Machado “negotiations“ were going last year.  I am starting to become more and more skeptical we are in that heavily with Hendriks right now.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You really think Hendrix is going to cost 4/54 ?

I think it will be close to that. At least 4/50. My hope is that at least 3 of those 4 years are good. But that's the gamble I guess. As far as Hand goes, the Sox lit him up last year to over a 7 ERA. He definitely makes me nervous. 

8 hours ago, smellysox said:

I think it will be close to that. At least 4/50. My hope is that at least 3 of those 4 years are good. But that's the gamble I guess. As far as Hand goes, the Sox lit him up last year to over a 7 ERA. He definitely makes me nervous. 

Seems a bit steep to me but, hey, u might be right. Ages 32-35 for the Wonder from Down Under.Hendriks would give the Sox another Top Ten finisher in the AL Cy Young from last year.  5.Keuchel , 6. Lynn, 7. Giolito 9. Hendriks with ex Sox Chris Bassitt finishing 8th. Trevor Bauer Won the Cy Young in the NL.

So has anyone yet said  " All The 2020 Cy Young Top Ten guys ! ". Too bad we didn't get Darvish . We'd have a 2, 5, 6, 7 with a chance still at a 1 and a 9.

That's how you go for it if you really want it. That's all in .Take one big shot at it . Load up on pitching and you could get a nice 3 year run at it . Counting last year we could have 3 years in a row with shortened seasons with expanded playoffs.Take a bonafide shot at it and spend whats necessary and burn the farm down. All this extended run bullshit they feed us is laughable. If we get 5 good years in a row it will be a miracle. It always ends up getting all Soxy ,bad shit happening. It's yay the Sox are good again and then oh wait Jerry's still the owner,there's a nasty virus going around fucking all kinds of shit up. If this is to be the last year of a Covid shortened season, we then have the CBA BS to deal with and we already know Jerry is willing to give up on a World Series bound team in 94" to get what the owners want. Winning the CBA is more important than a World Series team. Yep gettin' all Soxy in hea' !

Injuries to young pitchers, COVID ,labor strife is all throwing a monkey wrench into our competitive window providing JR more reasons not to spend money, as if he needed any more !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

I’ll take any of the three. Colome, Hand or Hendricks. Then another starter, then a DH. Colome or Hand would be cheaper and leave some room for another player. Ozuna, Brantley or another bat. Preferably someone who could actually play left and make Eloy the DH. Vaughn needs at least a year in AA Ball Abreu has 2 years left on his contract.  He could fill in a DH for a year and Vaughn play first in a couple of years   

9 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Is anybody else getting the impression that something may happen either later today or tomorrow with everything that has been tweeted today?

This guy is definitely at least two of those accounts.  I can’t tell if he’s the leader, but he’s right up there.

• Like 2

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic