Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

5 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I legit cannot believe there are still this many high profile free agents on the market still.

Yet we are to believe that all the FA's we have an interest in have multiple teams interested in them.

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yet we are to believe that all the FA's we have an interest in have multiple teams interested in them.

I'm not currently interested in a brand new Mercedes. But I will put an offer on the table of $5000 for one right now. Cash. Take that to any dealer you want, I'm good for it if they are.

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We need to add a pitcher so trading Cease for Burnes is net neutral even if you’re getting more certainty of that spot.  Plus I’d really like to avoid moving Cease and let him work with a non Don Cooper pitching coach.

True that but we would have Burnes at top of the rotation and that would make all the difference.

To me this Hendriks pursuit is like watching a bunch of kids having an easter egg hunt in the back yard, and you know there's a landmine in there because you just saw the dog take a dump in the grass this morning, and you're just sitting there watching and hoping that it's not your kid who ends up stepping into the pile of shit while trying to win a prize.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

To me this Hendriks pursuit is like watching a bunch of kids having an easter egg hunt in the back yard, and you know there's a landmine in there because you just saw the dog take a dump in the grass this morning, and you're just sitting there watching and hoping that it's not your kid who ends up stepping into the pile of shit while trying to win a prize.

Except Hendriks is awesome and you can’t look past his career stats for some reason

Edited by Chicago White Sox

21 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

This sincerely made me laugh out loud.

45 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

If you win a WS in the next 2yrs, it doesn't matter.

28 minutes ago, Cashman said:

If you win a WS in the next 2yrs, it doesn't matter.

We're not even at our peak yet.  This is like a late-run Cubs kind of move.  Cease, Kopech, Crochet, etc. are just babies.  Robert really has no idea what he is doing at the plate right now.  Maybe Eloy is Manny Ramirez or Albert Belle even as another poster comped, etc., one day, but he's still getting there.  Giolito hasn't even thrown 200IP in a season yet, etc.  

We're not at the part of our window where we need to be taking on multiyear deals where we just throw caution to the wind in years 3, 4, and so on because we have rationalized that it's all worth it on the back end if we win while we still have a chance.  The "window" IMO isn't even "fully open" yet; it's just cracked.  This team has a great shot at winning the ALC because the ALC is a pile of crap, but we're still growing, and we're not at the levels of the truly elite teams in the game right now.  We're definitely lesser than the Yankees in the AL, maybe on par with the Rays, on par maybe with Oak and it's debatable, close with Min, and in the NL we're definitely not the Dodgers or Padres, and probably lesser than the Mets ATM as well.  

Edited by YourWhatHurts

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Welcome to Soxtalk!

I have been lurking for years. This isn't a Soxtalk problem, though. We literally can't know any more about the guy. He likes dogs. His wife is Canadian. He is a Codeify guy. He's Australian. He liked the Sox in a sound bite after he shoved it up their ass in game 3. 

He's also Liam Hendriks. Not Mariano Rivera.

Sign him. Or don't. FFS!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I think they are almost at the point where they should really consider trying to sign someone else. There are more options out there.

Unless he tells you outright, "not interested," there is literally no reason to suddenly walk away. The mutual interest is there.

He met with the Jays earlier in the week. He's probably finishing up his visits or getting in the final team pitches. He only gets this contract once, I don't blame the guy for taking his time. 

29 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I think they are almost at the point where they should really consider trying to sign someone else. There are more options out there.

Most of those options are waiting for Hendriks to sign. That’s how this goes. 

• Thanks 1

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic