Robert +2m

Bum +1m

Leury +250k

$18 million in raises

Gio > arb> est 600k to ~ $4 mil

ReyLo >arb> est 600k to ~ 2mil

Marshall >arb> 1m to ~1.5m

Engel >arb> 600k to ~1.2m

Somewhere around $6 million in arb raises.

Total internal payroll jump around $24 million from 2020 to 2021 based on full year salaries.

Ok so we lost about the same amount getting rid of players. So since the off season started we are Lynn + Eaton's salary over last years payroll or roughly $16M. SO if we add Hendriks and another starter it's possible we are $40M over last years payroll. That isn't too bad in this environment.

34 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I feel like all of a sudden, we're gonna hear that we signed Colome. Kind of like how we were hearing Pederson was our next target and then bam, Eaton was signed.

I was just thinking the same.  Without a doubt, save some money over a Hendriks signing. Not sure what they do next. Hope I'm wrong, as I would really like to see Hendriks signed.

Edited by Saufley

23 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I feel like all of a sudden, we're gonna hear that we signed Colome. Kind of like how we were hearing Pederson was our next target and then bam, Eaton was signed.

I’m hoping the reason for the theoretical switch is they got a better idea of what Hendriks will cost and decided to pivot in that direction.

8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Didn't this Cheesy guy or Portillo's say that the Hendriks news would break soon? Now they're backing off and saying other teams are interested. These guys are awesome. True news breakers

WSD says he heard they’re in deep conversations with Hendriks.

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

When multiple teams are interested in a player it doesn’t necessarily mean all of them are talking to him. 

I believe insiders a lot more when they list who the team is pursuing or contract numbers more than what other teams are interested.

Edited by fathom

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

WSD says he heard they’re in deep conversations with Hendriks.

I didn’t know that, that’s good news. The food guys didn’t go that far I don’t think. Cheesy was just the first to say something about the Sox making him their priority. Then Nightengale released his article. So if WSD said that, that’s a new and good development.

People in the know say multiple teams will show interest in Hendriks and he will sign with one of them. I pass this along not to bolster my name when proved true, but because of the pleasure it gives to those following hot stove rumors of their favorite teams and players

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Vulture said:

People in the know say multiple teams will show interest in Hendriks and he will sign with one of them. I pass this along not to bolster my name when proved true, but because of the pleasure it gives to those following hot stove rumors of their favorite teams and players

Thank you Vulture, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

• Like 1

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The mystery team has been really quiet so far.  I hope they get their shit together soon because they are always my favorite team to follow during the off season.

Seriously, no need for mystery teams I guess when no one is bidding

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic