Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

28 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I’m getting less optimistic with every passing day that the Sox will sign Hendriks. Watch some team swoop in and get him while the Sox are still haggling over a couple million dollars.

This is precisely what I expect to happen. I hope no one plays a drinking game based on the number of times the FO blames the pandemic in the aftermath of losing him, at least not if you care for your liver.

If he was really the "top priority" we wouldn't be still haggling right now a week later. The longer we wait, the higher chance other teams will circle back into the bidding. If they're really scrounging for a couple million, might as well ship ReyLo off for scraps to erase a bit of payroll, since there's really no use for him now.

Edited by SoCalChiSox

After doing some research, I’m all aboard the Kirby Yates train. He was the best reliever on the planet from 2017-2019. He struggled last year due to bone chips that he got removed. Pitchers tend to recover nicely from that surgery, and he should be ready for 2020. I like the idea of a shorter deal for him than 3 for Hendriks.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

After doing some research, I’m all aboard the Kirby Yates train. He was the best reliever on the planet from 2017-2019. He struggled last year due to bone chips that he got removed. Pitchers tend to recover nicely from that surgery, and he should be ready for 2020. I like the idea of a shorter deal for him than 3 for Hendriks.

Is this code for "JR forced the FO to cut bait on Hendriks and I'm trying to give you guys advance notice"?

9 hours ago, fathom said:

My off-season plan included Colome + Yates. If it's Colome + Yates or just Hendricks, I'll probably take Colome + Yates. Although there is no reason why the Sox can't afford any 2 of those 3 guys anyway.

• Like 1

I looked up ALIGND on google and found nothing. Maybe he made that name up. Maybe cheesy beef is making this up based on what James Fox and Harold said in this thread. They said Hendriks left his agent.

Edited by Orlando

4 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Hendriks leaving Lozano is a good thing. He is Machado’s agent too and we all know how that worked out.

Yeah, it's a bit confusing but he wasn't really Lozano's client as much as he was clients with the agency Lozano owns. 

Best example I can use is it sounds like Liam Hendriks pulled a Rod Tidwell. Who's coming with me!

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic