Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

Sox should definitely take a look at ELIAS.

All the sox fans are talking about getting him. 

Hide contents

this is an experiment

That guy was downright nasty.

( your experiment worked. )

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Sox should definitely take a look at ELIAS.

All the sox fans are talking about getting him. 

Reveal hidden contents

All the Cubans!

If the Sox don't land Hendriks, I wouldn't mind if they went for 2 lesser pitchers, like this guy and Yates. 

I sure hope that one of those splashes is Brantley.  A LH every day DH is our most glaring need.  Moncada, Grandal, and Eaton aren't nearly enough. The 2020 record and stats against righties bear that out (w/Mazara vs Eaton).  If its not a big splash because of signing Hendriks then a solid lesser one.....and NOT Schwarber!!!   

• Fire 1

43 minutes ago, Rounding_Third said:

I sure hope that one of those splashes is Brantley.  A LH every day DH is our most glaring need.  Moncada, Grandal, and Eaton aren't nearly enough. The 2020 record and stats against righties bear that out (w/Mazara vs Eaton).  If its not a big splash because of signing Hendriks then a solid lesser one.....and NOT Schwarber!!!   

I just looked at his stats, and I am all aboard the Brantley train. He shouldn't be too expensive, he's not TOO old yet, and he has flat out just been a damn good AL hitter. 

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

I just looked at his stats, and I am all aboard the Brantley train. He shouldn't be too expensive, he's not TOO old yet, and he has flat out just been a damn good AL hitter. 

There isn’t an offense he doesn’t make better but he is the perfect counter balance to some of our offensive weaknesses (RHP, swing and miss)

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

There isn’t an offense he doesn’t make better but he is the perfect counter balance to some of our offensive weaknesses (RHP, swing and miss)

He’s perfect but I don’t know how he fits. He will get a two year deal and he would block Vaughn then.

52 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s perfect but I don’t know how he fits. He will get a two year deal and he would block Vaughn then.

He fits very well.  He and Eloy can take turns in left as long as both bats are in the lineup most every day keeping both fresh and engaged.  He's a leader, winner, clutch vet, professional, class act.  He reminds me a lot of Bears' Allen Robinson. Vaughn needs another year in AA or AAA.  Sox are going all in this year.  I doubt they would then turn over their every day DH to a single A .250 hitter.  Its not fair to the team and not fair to him.  We desperately need a lefty bat anyway or be challenged by right handed pitching again. 

Edited by Rounding_Third
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rounding_Third said:

He fits very well.  He and Eloy can take turns in left as long as both bats are in the lineup most every day keeping both fresh and engaged.  He's a leader, winner, clutch vet, professional, class act.  He reminds me a lot of Bears' Allen Robinson. Vaughn needs another year in AA or AAA.  Sox are going all in this year.  I doubt they would then turn over their every day DH to a single A .250 hitter.  Its not fair to the team and not fair to him.  We desperately need a lefty bat anyway or be challenged by right handed pitching again. 

Nothing I like more than meatball superlatives. Sign me up. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rounding_Third said:

And then what happens next year with Eloy, Brantley and Vaughn?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

One reason I would be OK with trading Vaughn for the right return (it would have to be a really good one) is that he is easily blocked. If you bat right handed and only play 1B/DH, you better hit like Abreu, and he might, but you lose a lot of roster flexibility when you give him a roster spot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Briro2021 said:

"Meatball" is thinking those things do not exist.

"leader, winner, clutch vet, professional, class act"

Can this be quanitified or proven true, specifically for Brantley?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

This is a joke right?  I would have to seriously question my intelligence if the only way i could evaluate anything is through stats.  You think it makes you smart lol but all it does is make you unable to think  on your own.

Edited by Briro2021
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Briro2021 said:

This is a joke right?  I would have to seriously question my intelligence if the only way i could evaluate anything is through stats.  You think it makes you smart lol but all it does is make you unable to think  on your own.

Might want to learn how to do something basic, like quoting a post, before calling into question said posters intelligence.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Really surprised this hasn't been completed yet. After all the FOOD GUYS!! said it was close 2 weeks ago. Stunned to say the least. Shocking

I love how their "source" tells them every single trade idea that flows through Rick Hahn's head, and also knows all the other teams that are pursuing said players. 

• Like 2

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic