Jump to content
Chicago White Sox

Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

Bernie was also CONVINCED that the Whitesox would spend on big free agents earlier in the offseason and defended Reinsdorf until they signed Eaton. So take this opinion with a grain of salt.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orlando said:

Bernie was also CONVINCED that the Whitesox would spend on big free agents earlier in the offseason and defended Reinsdorf until they signed Eaton. So take this opinion with a grain of salt.

@KrankinSox is this Bernie guy legit? He isn't named after a food or an appendage, so I'm skeptical. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The White Sox have an offer out for Hendriks. 

Jimmy with the Christmas bomb! Hendriks to the White Sox confirmed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I’d have to think a “splash” would be Springer since we’re talking about the Mets.

Next time that account (MLB Exec Burner)breaks something will be a first 

Edited by fathom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, aeichhor said:

 

It’s not libel, but mercy is that ever a stretch to make Lozano look bad. “Why on Earth didn’t he give the white Sox a chance to counteroffer”? Well let’s review.

1. The White Sox had been negotiating with him for more than 2 months at that point. They knew exactly what it would take to sign him, so if they didn’t put that on the table why would you need to call back?

2. An hour after the signing was announced, Kenny Williams called into a radio show to rant about how his 8 year offer with 2 vesting options was a better deal than his 10 year guaranteed offer. If they’re going to launch that BS in public, do they need another call back? If they thought their contract was a better deal why would they edit it again?

3. Rick Hahn said he went to bed that night thinking he had less than a 50% chance of signing Machado. If he thought that, why didn’t he put his best offer on the table?

4. If the white Sox were convinced theirs was the best offer, and Lozano came back and said “we have a 10/$300 offer will you beat it”, The White Sox not only already made it clear they wouldn’t go to that level, they would assume Lozano is trying to make them bid against themselves.

If the White Sox Somehow let him sign somewhere else, when $300 was his asking price the whole offseason, and they had a better offer they didn’t make, that’s on the white Sox, not on Lozano. They did everything possible to convince the Machado side that this was their best offer, and were clearly willing to miss if someone made a better one. So much so that their front office immediately screamed “our offer was still better!!!” At the top of their lungs right afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It’s not libel, but mercy is that ever a stretch to make Lozano look bad. “Why on Earth didn’t he give the white Sox a chance to counteroffer”? Well let’s review.

1. The White Sox had been negotiating with him for more than 2 months at that point. They knew exactly what it would take to sign him, so if they didn’t put that on the table why would you need to call back?

2. An hour after the signing was announced, Kenny Williams called into a radio show to rant about how his 8 year offer with 2 vesting options was a better deal than his 10 year guaranteed offer. If they’re going to launch that BS in public, do they need another call back? If they thought their contract was a better deal why would they edit it again?

3. Rick Hahn said he went to bed that night thinking he had less than a 50% chance of signing Machado. If he thought that, why didn’t he put his best offer on the table?

4. If the white Sox were convinced theirs was the best offer, and Lozano came back and said “we have a 10/$300 offer will you beat it”, The White Sox not only already made it clear they wouldn’t go to that level, they would assume Lozano is trying to make them bid against themselves.

If the White Sox Somehow let him sign somewhere else, when $300 was his asking price the whole offseason, and they had a better offer they didn’t make, that’s on the white Sox, not on Lozano. They did everything possible to convince the Machado side that this was their best offer, and were clearly willing to miss if someone made a better one. So much so that their front office immediately screamed “our offer was still better!!!” At the top of their lungs right afterwards.

Hahn actually said he went to bed Monday night feeling fairly confident they would be getting a deal done after talking to machados camp of improving their deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The White Sox have an offer out for Hendriks. 

I think we've seen this act play out before. If Hendriks liked the Sox offer, he probably would of signed by now. Hopefully the Sox are prepared for the backup plan when he signs elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I think we've seen this act play out before. If Hendriks liked the Sox offer, he probably would of signed by now. Hopefully the Sox are prepared for the backup plan when he signs elsewhere.

Archie Bradley here we come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

 

I find it hard to believe we are going to outbid the Mets, especially since Cohen will not forget JR trying to block his ownership.

This is gonna be personal and if 4 years are required he will offer it just to screw us. 

Then we will quickly resign Colome and trot KW or RH out there to say "we felt more comfortable with Alex anyway"

I'd also expect another signing as well to soften the blow....maybe Brantley? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I find it hard to believe we are going to outbid the Mets, especially since Cohen will not forget JR trying to block his ownership.

This is gonna be personal and if 4 years are required he will offer it just to screw us. 

Then we will quickly resign Colome and trot KW or RH out there to say "we felt more comfortable with Alex anyway"

I'd also expect another signing as well to soften the blow....maybe Brantley? 

If that's the case. colome/ Brantley > Hendriks in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

If that's the case. colome/ Brantley > Hendriks in my opinion. 

Yes, although now one of the foodies just said Colome isn't coming back regardless as the Sox are predicting regression.

If they aren't going to shell out what it takes on Hendriks (and its increasingly feeling that way), they might as well pivot to Brantley and then add another closer later.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if Bummer took over that role and maybe Heuer/Crochet could pitch the 8th. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people assuming that Sox won’t pony up for Hendriks? Nobody should assume that at this point 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Why are people assuming that Sox won’t pony up for Hendriks? Nobody should assume that at this point 

Nobody knows how expensive it's become. Nobody expects the Sox to outbid the Dodgers and Mets. if those teams are the main competition, then Sox fans have moved on. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nobody knows how expensive it's become. Nobody expects the Sox to outbid the Dodgers and Mets. if those teams are the main competition, then Sox fans have moved on. 

This.

JR will fold when someone offers a 4th year. 

Then our FO will have to make two quick signings to distract so Hahn doesn't look like a moron when he gets called to the mat for his "dont judge the Eaton signing in isolation" comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Why are people assuming that Sox won’t pony up for Hendriks? Nobody should assume that at this point 

Decades of history maybe

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nobody knows how expensive it's become. Nobody expects the Sox to outbid the Dodgers and Mets. if those teams are the main competition, then Sox fans have moved on. 

 

8 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This.

JR will fold when someone offers a 4th year. 

Then our FO will have to make two quick signings to distract so Hahn doesn't look like a moron when he gets called to the mat for his "dont judge the Eaton signing in isolation" comment.

 

8 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Decades of history maybe

Well from what I know, Hendriks doesn’t have 4 year offers. The White Sox are very much in play. People need to be careful believing everything they read. Agents are doing work at this time of year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Why are people assuming that Sox won’t pony up for Hendriks? Nobody should assume that at this point 

I think they’re willing to pony up for Hendriks (within reason obviously), but am concerned that will tap them out financially for the most part.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×