Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

34 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

This is why I F'ing hate MLB Free Agency. In the NBA and NFL every major FA is signed within a 2 week period. None of these 3 month windows. It's comical how cheap MLB ownership is as a whole. 

But....it's NFL and NBA owners being cheap and having a salary cap that is the reason for that.

• Like 1

If we were inn the same position at that age with one contract left we would all do the same . Yes a couple extra million dollars count in the long run . If someone offered me an extra year I would take it. Sox probably made a damn nice offer that all of us would agree but if some org made a better one and I buy a beach house in la I would take it . Let’s be honest here. I want the guy but the south side of Chicago compared to la is really not comparable .

4 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

But....it's NFL and NBA owners being cheap and having a salary cap that is the reason for that.

Salary cap is definitely the reason. Once guys sign, teams run out of cash they can use whether they would be willing or not. It’s musical chairs. If baseball had a salary cap, it would be a whole different story.

Edited by Dick Allen

A Hard Salary Cap might, and only mean might even things and create more parity. There is a luxury tax that doesn't seem to stop The Met's, Boston, Dodger, Angels etc. Hockey and the NBA are the toughest. Exceptions to sign your own free agents is a good thing to give more years and money.

The White Sox will not go into the luxury tax until this Covid is over and fans can return. Even when there was no covid we don't draw 3 million like we need to do to have JR open his wallet. Hendricks/Colome and Bauer along with Brantley should still be targets.

A Brantley/Colome combo may be more realistic. We can afford that pair. Bauer may want to go home to California(Angels) or the Mets will make a Godfather offer.

Hendricks i believe will get a 4 year 55 to 60 Million offer from someone. No Closer today is woth that much. Would i spend Jerry's money and give it to him?? Hell yeah because its not my money and i want to win!!! 

This is a Hendricks forum so he needs to get his props. Colome at 20 milllion for 2 years with Brantley/Ozuna or another good starter would be a nice conselation prize. 

A Happy and HealthyNew Year to everyone!!!! 

We will be in the playoffs just standing pat. But i want to it all!! We need a few more pieces to complete the puzzle, almost there though.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

He's a poster here apparently.

32 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

He’s a poster here and says that NSC has good sources. I think all these guys are under the NSC umbrella. 

Looked at his Twitter followed by MLB Network, Not Steve, Al’s Beef and Dan Evans. Also says he’s an attorney so I don’t know if he would just go and play insider. That gives them more credibility to me.

19 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Looked at his Twitter followed by MLB Network, Not Steve, Al’s Beef and Dan Evans. Also says he’s an attorney so I don’t know if he would just go and play insider. That gives them more credibility to me.

Im not sure if you've been watching the news lately, but it turns out many attorneys are completely insane and are so stupid that I wouldn't hire them to answer phones for my assistant.

Edited by Soxbadger
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2
  • Fire 1

14 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Im not sure if you've been watching the news lately, but it turns out many attorneys are completely insane and are so stupid that I wouldn't hire them to answer phones for my assistant.

Stupid as a fox IMO.  One of them happens to be a complete and total creep who has his creepy fingers in who knows how many dirty places.  He'll walk away with a pre-emptive pardon.  The other one is setting her self up for book deals, conspiracy website traffic, who knows what else, and both are going to end up forever in the good graces of a billionaire whose moral compass only points to people who like him enough to tell lies for him.  What you see IMO is typical of cling-ons around people with tons of money and power.

That said, all the fake rumor people are dipshits, and in their cases, as attorneys or not, I would not dispute that they are both insane and stupid.

Edited by YourWhatHurts
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I meant I don’t think it’ll be done super cheap bridge. I don’t think Q or Richards will be that cheap. 

Unless they miss on Hendriks i don't see where the budget money is for something other than a super cheap bridge or a trade for a cost controlled guy.

I really want a savage LH bat. They need to address this issue pronto

7 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I meant I don’t think it’ll be done super cheap bridge. I don’t think Q or Richards will be that cheap. 

If Q is the best we have to look forward to at this point, that is sickening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

If Q is the best we have to look forward to at this point, that is sickening. 

Well the assumption he is responding to has Hendriks signing.

But it will be unfortunate for those thinking 2016 Q is walking thru that door

• Like 1

👀👀👀

In response to this from CSFM:

Give me ONE bold White Sox related prediction that you have for 2021.

mine: Eloy Jimenez will hit 50 home runs (assuming there is a full 162 game season)

Edited by Orlando
  • Fire 3

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic