Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Treinen going back to LA is probably a good thing in terms of the Sox chances with Hendriks, right?

Yes but the Jays have a really good chance in signing him. However, after some of the tweets that came out today I feel a little bit better about our chances. 

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Never thought they were a legit threat. The threats in order are Jays, Astros and Mets.

There is a report out there saying the Mets are interested in Brad Hand. I wonder if that was a ploy? It sounded like the Mets wanted to claim him off waivers but it never happened. Alderson mentioned it.

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Makes sense. It sounds like the Astros are close to the luxury tax threshold as well. 

I wouldn't say the Sox are the top choice to sign him especially in a saturated relief pitcher market . My personal opinion is they won't play at the top of the market for a guy like Hendrix with plenty of other options out there. If you are holding out any hope I would temper it but it depends on how strongly LaRussa is pushing for him.

Ok, you guys ready for a conspiracy theory that probably means nothing?

Al’s Cheesy Beef has been talking about how Hendrik’s said in an interview that the team he chooses has to embrace this service called “Codify Baseball”. I read the article and he did say that. Al’s talked about how all these Sox players use it. Then I noticed that the official Twitter has been interacting with Al’s tweets. I think to myself “maybe the like every mention of themselves” so I check their likes. This Twitter only likes or retweets MLB players and you guessed it! Al’s Cheesy Beef.

I found the fact that they liked this interesting:

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

There is a report out there saying the Mets are interested in Brad Hand. I wonder if that was a ploy? It sounded like the Mets wanted to claim him off waivers but it never happened. Alderson mentioned it.

There is never 100 % truth in anything said regarding free agents. The Mets could be legitimately interested in Hand but also want Hendrix to know they will move on if they have to.

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I wouldn't say the Sox are the top choice to sign him especially in a saturated relief pitcher market . My personal opinion is they won't play at the top of the market for a guy like Hendrix with plenty of other options out there. If you are holding out any hope I would temper it but it depends on how strongly LaRussa is pushing for him.

It sounds like LaRussa is really pushing it but I guess we’ll see.

4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Al’s Cheesy Beef has been talking about how Hendrik’s said in an interview that the team he chooses has to embrace this service called “Codify Baseball”. I read the article and he did say that. Al’s talked about how all these Sox players use it. Then I noticed that the official Twitter has been interacting with Al’s tweets. I think to myself “maybe the like every mention of themselves” so I check their likes. This Twitter only likes or retweets MLB players and you guessed it! Al’s Cheesy Beef.

I'm sure it's one of the things among many that Hendrix will consider as part of his decision. However 1st and foremost will be years and money. Everything else is a distant 2nd including Codify , dogs, past relationships with coaches and where his wife is from.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm sure it's one of the things among many that Hendrix will consider as part of his decision. However 1st and foremost will be years and money. Everything else is a distant 2nd including Codify , dogs, past relationships with coaches and where his wife is from.

Jimi?

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not sure I buy the Dodgers were this crazy threat for Hendriks, but Treinen signing is a good sign that the reliever market may start moving.

Yea it's going to tighten the market around Hendriks once some of these other guys are off the table but some more relievers still have to be moved.. If Treinen got AAV of $8.75M for 2 yrs that might strengthen Hendriks case for AAV but not for years. Some of these teams floating around Hendriks will have to shit or get off the pot soon.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not sure I buy the Dodgers were this crazy threat for Hendriks, but Treinen signing is a good sign that the reliever market may start moving.

I didn't either. They have Jansen. Yeah, he's showing signs of declining, but I doubt the Dodgers would push him immediately out of that role. Hendriks wants to be a closer. He isn't going to go somewhere in a timeshare.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Orlando said:

While I don't think this hasn't anything to do with where Hendriks will land, that is fascinating all the same.

• Like 2

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic