Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I was afraid to ask because I thought I was missing something obvious. 

@Orlando, what’s the conspiracy? That Al’s Beef is Codify?

Sorry, the conspiracy was that Beef is connected more than we may know and Codify liking his stuff and retweeting him may show that he may know more about Hendriks signing with the Sox than he lets on. 

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Sorry, the conspiracy was that Beef is connected more than we may know and Codify liking his stuff and retweeting him may show that he may know more about Hendriks signing with the Sox than he lets on. 

Gotcha. Thanks. I still think we land Hendriks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m feeling good about our chances of landing him.  If anyone is going to push Jerry to go a little beyond his comfort zone it’s La Russa and Tony has made it clear he wants that legit closer.

If you think about it; Hendriks is the perfect target for Jerry to cave on. La Russa loves closers and he won’t cost over 100,000,000. He also excites the fanbase. I doubt if La Russa wanted Bauer or Springer, Jerry would cave so he probably has to get Hendriks lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

If you think about it; Hendriks is the perfect target for Jerry to cave on. La Russa loves closers and he won’t cost over 100,000,000. He also excites the fanbase. I doubt if La Russa wanted Bauer or Springer, Jerry would cave so he probably has to get Hendriks lol

Exactly, just makes too much sense all things considered.  

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Yep. And Hendriks seems to like TLR, Giolito, and several other players on the Sox. I think he wants to be a part of this team for the next few years. 

Sounds good to me!  I know some don’t like spending big on relievers, but we literally just gave the corpse of Kelvin Herrera 2/$18M two years ago.  I know four years is risky, but I just don’t think a $12.5M AAV is that much money for a guy who has been as good as Hendriks these last two seasons.  This is a gamble worth taking IMO given how few holes we have left and Jerry’s general unwillingness to spend what it takes for legit stars.

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

Yep. And Hendriks seems to like TLR, Giolito, and several other players on the Sox. I think he wants to be a part of this team for the next few years. 

There's definitely several things in the Sox favor with Hendriks but a 4th year and JR will be the main spokes in the wheel that determines how much he wants to please LaRussa and that may not be enough.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There's definitely several things in the Sox favor with Hendriks but a 4th year and JR will be the main spokes in the wheel that determines how much he wants to please LaRussa and that may not be enough.

Here is the obligatory “He could be full of it” but Beef tweeted that they offered 4 years and then deleted it and said he was asked to

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Reinsdorf gave Robertson a 4/$46M deal six years ago, so I don’t think 4/$50M is going to be a problem for Jerry if we can fit his salary into our COVID impacted 2020 budget.

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Guys please bring me back down to Earth but right now I’m feeling very very very confident. Setting myself up for disappointment like the Sox tend to do to me lol

It’s in the bag IMO.  I’m fully expecting a deal right around 4/$50M announced in the next week if not sooner.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I will add I also think the Sox add a starting pitcher pretty quickly assuming they land Hendriks.  Seems pretty clear to me at this point that they can’t really move forward in that area until they know how much they have to work with after adding a closer.

If they land Hendriks, I think so too. I feel like it'll come via trade too. I don't see them being able to get anyone worth a damn to come to this team with such uncertainty in the rotation unless we want to see the likes of another Gio Gonzalez type signing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Guys please bring me back down to Earth but right now I’m feeling very very very confident. Setting myself up for disappointment like the Sox tend to do to me lol

It's Jerry and you've been let down before, plus Covid and too much faith in Beef,plus JR again would rather dangle the carrot than give you the dessert. And if @Chicago White Sox is saying it's in the bag that's more reason to think it won't happen. He always thinks it's going to happen. You know you're one of my favs. CWS !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

If they land Hendriks, I think so too. I feel like it'll come via trade too. I don't see them being able to get anyone worth a damn to come to this team with such uncertainty in the rotation unless we want to see the likes of another Gio Gonzalez type signing.

Agreed...for better or worse, I think they go down the trade path if they sign Hendriks.

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's Jerry and you've been let down before, plus Covid and too much faith in Beef,plus JR again would rather dangle the carrot than give you the dessert. And if @Chicago White Sox is saying it's in the bag that's more reason to think it won't happen. He always thinks it's going to happen. You know you're one of my favs. CWS !

I disagree, I feel I’ve become more pessimistic since Machado forced my family to relocate to this COVID-infested hellhole called Nashville.  That being said, La Russa has gotten everything he’s wished for so far this offseason and it truly sounds like Hendriks is at the top of his list.  Plus this is a space we know Jerry is willing to beat out the market in.  He truly seems like he will be the big ticket item for us this offseason, which in all honesty is pretty disappointing when a guy like Bauer is there for the taking, but a decent consolation price at this point.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I disagree, I feel I’ve become more pessimistic since Machado forced my family to relocate to this COVID-infested hellhole called Nashville.  That being said, La Russa has gotten everything he’s wished for so far this offseason and it truly sounds like Hendriks is at the top of his list.  Plus this is a space we know Jerry is willing to beat out the market in.  He truly seems like he will be the big ticket item for us this offseason, which in all honesty is pretty disappointing when a guy like Bauer is there for the taking, but a decent consolation price at this point.

Ok just remember you said it's in the bag and you think it would come to pass in the next week.  I could've sworn a month or less ago you made the same type of bold prediction on the same pitcher, but maybe I am wrong since I didn't bother to check.

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic