The Sox don't need to sign a DH. They have Yermín Francisco Mercedes.

ron883

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why not just use a platoon Collins/Mercedes for a few weeks?  The idea of DHing Leury is simply unacceptable in this day & age and makes me have flashbacks to the Kotsay over Thome decision.

They would probably just put Leury in LF a lot for defense and DH Eloy.

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why not just use a platoon Collins/Mercedes for a few weeks?  The idea of DHing Leury is simply unacceptable in this day & age and makes me have flashbacks to the Kotsay over Thome decision.

I get the sentiment but the Sox aren't sacrificing all of their power in order to do that, like they did letting Thome walk in favor of Kotsay.  I don't want Leury DHing but if he does I'm not gonna be wondering how they are gonna score runs

• Like 1

Just now, maloney.adam said:

I don’t think there is going to be a big addition at DH. They don’t want to block Vaughn so I can see them signing Tommy La Stella or just go in house until Vaughn is ready to come up. 

Reading al’s beef again?  He’s clearly a soxtalk member, as anything said here is being posted on twitter.  It’s cool though, makes for good discussion.

Just now, maloney.adam said:

I don’t think there is going to be a big addition at DH. They don’t want to block Vaughn so I can see them signing Tommy La Stella or just go in house until Vaughn is ready to come up. 

If they go in house I hope they try to see what they have in Yermin. I mean it’s not like it’s a long experiment. See if he can be something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Reading al’s beef again?  He’s clearly a soxtalk member, as anything said here is being posted on twitter.  It’s cool though, makes for good discussion.

Yes I read his post and I agree with him on it. Why would they sign someone big when it can block Vaughn. Doesn’t make sense for the team so going with someone short term is a better fit for the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Yes I read his post and I agree with him on it. Why would they sign someone big when it can block Vaughn. Doesn’t make sense for the team so going with someone short term is a better fit for the team.

Yeah, it’s just disappointing they didn’t shoot for the stars in RF.  They had the chance to make this an all world lineup.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Or he is Al's Beef. He was accused on Twitter of being one of those guys.

So you believe some troll spreading rumors on Twitter? I know who you are talking about and Nancy’s Pizza is a troll dude. Right after they accused me of being one of those guys, they turned around and responded to one of Portillos tweets saying Thank you White Sox Dave. There’s your answer! Lol

Edited by maloney.adam

9 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

So you believe a possible 17 year old on twitter messing around or a troll spreading rumors? I know who you are talking about and Nancy’s Pizza is a troll dude. They even thought that Portillos was White Sox Dave so don’t feed the trolls please. Lol

I don't really pay much attention to Twitter only from what's posted here. So I have no Idea who posted that about you,  where she got your name from or why she would think that and I certainly don't believe her but I also don't not believer her. I'm neutral because I mostly don't care.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't really pay much attention to Twitter only from what's posted here. So I have no Idea who posted that about you,  where she got your name from or why she would think that and I certainly don't believe her but I also don't not believer her. I'm neutral because I mostly don't care.

Yeah it’s probably some random person or a 17 year old kid messing around on Twitter. Any person can go on there and start rumors. I can even go on there right now and name the account Andy’s Frozen Custard and start posting garbage and get likes and followers. That’s why I don’t believe everything that’s posted on there. It’s like an echo chamber.

25 minutes ago, Orlando said:

@maloney.adamif you are Al’s Beef please tell us how you knew the Lance Lynn trade info and the Liam Hendriks pursuit first! If you are Al’s Beef just admit it, you would become legendary!

I wish I could man but I can’t because I’m not one of those guys. I don’t have a connection in the organization or any intel. Just telling the truth. 

Edited by maloney.adam